Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when:Aug 08 2009
where:meet at Famous Dave's bbq on rt 40 in frederick MD at 2:30pm
plan:meet for early dinner then cruise to Hagerstown MD for a cruise in at the valley mall. this cruise in cost $2.00 but that that gives you 5 tickets for the 50/50 drawing also.the cruise in on avg draws around 300-400 cars.
why:some friends i meet on this sight(Pro Nova & 4Gotton1) are riding over from DE and Baltimore to see what the cruise scene is like in MId MD.so far we have six novas getting together. if anyone else would like to join us feel free and it dosen't have to be a nova this is just going to be a fun cruise and meet and greet. so if you have any friends you want to bring the more cars the better.
let me know if you can join in or if any questions you can call me 301-401-1972 thanks Chris.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Chris, Looking forward to hanging with the Maryland Possi again, Always fun and some really neat Novas. Looking forward to the 8th

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just a reminder won't be long now. also if anyone doesn't like famous dave's there is a burger king or a hard times cafe in the same parking lot. or just join us after we eat should be leaving for the cruise around 4pm. please let me know if you can join us.thanks

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Chris, Sounds like fun. But i may need to do some trailering on that one. C16 $ adds up fast!:yes:

Is there some where I can unload and leave the trailer?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
novadriver

I'll be back in MD on the 9thof aug for an extended week - maybe we can meet up at jimmy cone. I need to blow the cob webs out of my wagon any way. So you might see me around -

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey john there is lots of room if you want trailer your car you car unload at the other side of mall and drive into the cruise. that would be awesome.

hey doug give me a call if you are here on the 15 there's a nova meeting sterling,VA and on the 16 there is a nova picnic just up 95 in NJ if you want to ride along let me know. chris 301 401 1972

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Chris I will try to attend this one. I will be out of town (O.C) untill mon or tues of that week, I wil contact you then to confirm or get additional info.

Thanks John H

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Looking forward to seeing my Frederick ,Md friends and hanging at a cruisenight and doing dinner with them all,Also the cruising to the event will be cool, Will be heading to Chris' House early Saturday so I can see his collection, Then to dinner with good friends

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
less then a week now looks like the count so far is 10 cars for our cruise.any more takers out there.its going to be about a 40 mile trip to the cruise in at the valley mall.the show at the mall last till around 9-9:30 then we can cruise back to frederick together or we you can part from the mall.this is going to be a test run for bigger cruise's to come.come on out we build our cars to drive and show off don't we? and don't worry if it breaks and we can't fix it i have a trailer if we need it.also there are three places to eat at or if you don't want to eat we will be leaving from Famous Daves around 4:00 just be there before then and jion the fun.hope to see ya there.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Just seen this post , I would have loved to went but am away on vacation and wont be home till late tomorrow. I am about 20 min. from Frederick and 30 min to Hagerstown. I have never been to the cruise in at the Valley mall but everyone says it's pretty cool. Have fun and if I get back in time may try to make the mall !!!!

Richie

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey Rbace 123 sorry you can't make the cruise but if you make it to the mall i be in my green 74 and should be a group of novas together so check us out. also if you are close next sat i'm going to sterling VA to meet up with the capital nova club at there get together should be novas and food if you would like to tag along just let me know by than.thanks chris

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cruise is over.we had a blast wound up with 7 novas and a 73 vette.and boy did we turn some heads driving by. food was great and the cruise-in had about 256 cars. special thanks to pronova & 4gotton1 for making the trip up the road.i forgot my camera so bruce or russ will post pic's later.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Here are some pictures I took from the Cruise.

Lee with the Hot Housewives of the Nova Cruise

The Misfits of the Nova Cruise. Do I hear banjo's in the background????:eek::eek:

Chris' mom and dad

The Cruise Director

The Hot Housewives of the Nova Cruise

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Hi all, I just wanted to say thanks to Chris(Novadriver) and Russ(4gotten1) for a great day and evening.I had a blast seeing my Maryland friends, Which I met due to Ocean City and our Love of Novas, And Our friendships have grown due to having a blast together.
My Saturday started OK,Got up showered and packed,Wife and I had planned to stay over At Novadrivers Home and return home on Sunday,So Wife and I packed an overnight bag and off we went.Took 95 to 695 to 4gotten1's House in Baltimore, And then he and I cruised to Novadrivers house.From 4gotten1s house to Novadrivers house we traveled a semi Backroad,Nice road to cruise on and pretty sites to see.Got to Novadrivers home and thought I heard some banjos Playing,He really does live in the woods up the hill.So after leaving my home at 9am I am now in Frederick Around 1pm.Still about a half hour from our Cruise Night we are attending.4 hours on road, But time was spent stopped At 4gotten1s home.So ok now the plan is for dinner,We all have planned top meet at Famous Dave's BBQ. That is where we meet up with Leon,Dennis,Kathy and Novadriver's Mom and Dad. We had a great dinner with some great friends.Mind you the sun has been out all the time.After dinner we cruise on to Hagerstown,Novadriver has a tour for us setup.Remember this area of Maryland is big in Battlefeilds and some big Battles occurred in this area in the Civil War.Anyway we drove the National Scenic Trail (old 40) and got to see Some great Sites,The hills the trees the creeks,All so nice,Midway we made a stop at a park called Devil's backbone.The women loved it,Had a stream and a water fall and was so relaxing. Still weather is Great,So now we finish our drive ending at the cruise.A Mall in Hagerstown,The car count runs around 300 to 400 a night.But guess what the skys have gotten dark, and well a mist is now in air.But we park and setup our group to relax and look at Cars.Even with the spitting rain we had a blast,But due to the weather car count was down,Still close to 200 was there.Did I have fun Hack Yes, Did I notice the people stare at my Delaware Tags and see the wonderment in there eyes.Anyways after 50/50 went off it was about over and most were leaving.Wife did a search with Garmin and it said it was roughly 3 hours to home.Being the cruisenight ended so early I decided to drive back home.All was concerned But I made sure I told them I was fine,As a matter of fact I was planning to cruise Interstates which meant I could cruise like I love 65 to 70 MPH.So We left around a little before 9 pm and hit the road.Stoped for gas once and made great time,Rain was a concern but never happened just the spit here and there.Anyways I pulled in my garage about 11:40 last night.Let all know we made it fine and well I still have a smile on my face Cause I LOVE driving my car,So I drove roughly 8 hours for a 2 hour cruisnight.
AND LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT
Thanks Chris again for offer to spend night,Maybe next time we will,And tell Karen thanks too,Glad we have become friends,And thanks Russ for being a good friend too,Always a fun time with our Nova group

1 - 18 of 18 Posts