Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Well got got a PM from chuck giving me the OK to start a thread. He told me awhile back about CBR trying to fit so LS header into the "stock sub frame". I know they had some difficulty with a long tube header. So today chuck said it will be closer to a shorty. Chuck did say these will be stainless. My only suggestion was to sell a additional length of pipe to bring the pipes below the floor boards for guys running there own exhaust system. No time frame as of yet but hopefully chuck will chime in keeps us updated. This way I dont have to bother him with PM's anymore:D

PUT ME IN LINE FOR THESE CHUCK.

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Talk about somebody who's wheels are always turning..........I don't know what's in the water up there in Churchville, but I want some of it.... :eek:

This is the kind of thing you look for in a company. Chuck heard the masses grumbling and is doing something about it. Some folks were baggin on CBR for doing it their way, and now the tables have turned. Chuck will continue to do it his way, and he is still way out in front of anyone...

I think it's important to note that there was another company working on some "headers" to fit a clip, but come to find out, you need their whole system to make it work.......hmmmmm......imagine that.

CBR strikes again.....

T,

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
What's the difference with the LS header you are talking about in this thread with the one I thoght he already had out?

Didn't Chuck recently come out with headers for SBC and LS using a stock clip? I'm confused, which isn't uncommon :)

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
What's the difference with the LS header you are talking about in this thread with the one I thoght he already had out?

Didn't Chuck recently come out with headers for SBC and LS using a stock clip? I'm confused, which isn't uncommon :)
These will be LSx mid length headers to work with stock steering in a stock clip.

T,

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm in looking for headers too.

I'm in I just bought an LS motor looking for headers and now it looks like I found them. I have a stock front clips with power steering. I am not sure which oil pan I'll need some direction on that too.

I will buy a set these headers for sure. Looks like we need eight more.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
I'm in I just bought an LS motor looking for headers and now it looks like I found them. I have a stock front clips with power steering. I am not sure which oil pan I'll need some direction on that too.

I will buy a set these headers for sure. Looks like we need eight more.
If you will be using stock steering linkage the GTO pan work well.

Attachments

·
Vendor
4,056 Posts
It looks as if people are starting to find out about the shorties. Interest has sparked a touch.

So moving forward this is what needs to happen. If you would like to be a part of the group buy please send me an email at [email protected] in the email include your full name, shipping address and contact information along with your username as well. This way I will know who I'm talking to.

Also don't forget to also post here mentioning your interest this way other members can see the migration in progress.

Thank you!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have been waiting for this for a long time. Im to big of a tightwad to go LS and buy an aftermarket front clip or even suspension componets for that matter. I just rebuilt my stock front end last year and even though the stock front end isn't that good... I don't want to throw my money away that I just spent in new stock suspension pieces.

I have wasted the day already looking at what kind of combo's I could put together 5.3's, 5.7's, 6.0's. Now if I could just get an LS engine on the cheap I would be set:D. Hmm carb or fuel injected? I hate to ditch my carb... plus I have a Cheater plate system ready for the car right now :devil:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I put the word out on a couple more sites so hopefully we can get this rolling.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lots of deal to be had for 5.3's out there. I am not sure why anyone would go carb on one though:confused:. Maybe for a drag car but for something that is mostly street fuel injection is so much better IMO. You can buy a used ls1 intake for cheap.

To each there own.

Glad I got you on the "band wagon" to Justin:yes:. Maybe between the two of use beating the drum we can create interest for chuck? I am pretty sure if he built headers the interest would increase A LOT! Some people just snoop around on the boards rather than ask the right questions or look in the right areas.

·
Registered
480 Posts
We might should post this in another section to get more feedback. It was an accident that I found this post. I hardly ever check out the vendor area of the site.

·
Registered
480 Posts
All I care about is wide open throttle. Streetability and gas mileage never has been a concern of mine with this car. That's why I have Cavalier work car.

1 - 20 of 298 Posts