Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use this detailer product yet? Just wondering if it had good results. I have a slight haze of dust from the car sitting in the garage(lazy about the car cover lately).I was thinking of checking this stuff out. The car was waxed recently.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
I have been using it for about a year seems to work pretty good. I am not real picky either though. I never wash my car just hit it with that every now and again to get the dust and pollen off.

·
13,974 Posts
I like all Meguiar's products, including the detailer. Have used them for years. I'd take a California duster lightly over the car before using the detailer, though. Otherwise, depending on the makeup of the dust particles, you could get some scratching.

Bob

·
Registered
53 Posts
plus one, i do detailing and things on the side and am VERY anal about our cars. i keep a california car duster in the car at all times (big one for the car, small one for the interior dash). it wont scratch paint, it lift the dirt. the dirtier it gets, the better it works. before taking our cars out, i never wash them, they dont get firty enough. i just dust them off, and then hit it with some detailer and MICROFIBER towels. make sure yo use microfiber

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
I use the Mothers SHOWTIME and ran out so used the Meguires Quick detailers and found both to be good products .

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Yep, it is good stuff. I used it until I tried Adam's detail spray. Excellent product with great results.

+1 on the microfiber comment. Don't use anything but them on your ride if you like your paint!

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have always used Meguirars products. Hate Mothers. Is it like Final Inspection???? Quick dust with the Cali duster, hit it up with final inspection and boom, done.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have always used Meguirars products. Hate Mothers. Is it like Final Inspection???? Quick dust with the Cali duster, hit it up with final inspection and boom, done.

HAHA I am the exact opposite. I hate meguires stuff for the most part. Only thing I like is the NXT wash and ultimate quick detailer. Mothers has them beat on everything else. The mothers reflections synthetic wax and the synwax simply destroys megs NXT wax in both looks and durability and also ease of use.

Here is the wifes car after I detailed it. Polished it with menzerna and sealed it with mothers reflections. Dressed the tires with mothers FX tire shine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use megs NXT 2.0 & detail spray on my wifes car, but the NOVA only see's ZAINO Z-5 / Z-2 with FX hardener the Z-6 detailer through out the season and all the shows. I tried them all and nothing in my opinion beats ZAINO. I would never use any wax on an expensive paint job.

·
Registered
544 Posts
A lot of Megs higher end professional line of products are great and the one you speak of is fine. One other thing you can do here is use ONR plus instant detailer in one or a waterless wash product. The product I use is Optimum. I know I bring this brand up quite a bit but I have tried and spent money on heaps of other brands and products out there and found a few very good brands, but always stuck with Optimum because it's not like some companies where one or a few products are good and then the rest are not. ALL of their products are the best and I was able to cut my material costs down in half. I own a detailing business and do paint and body work on the side and I do waterless washing/no rinse washing where I can use about 1 gallon of water to wash an entire car even with it being very dirty and not get any scratches or marring on the paint surface. Optimum (other brands carry this as well) has a product called Optimum No Rinse (it's widely known in car detailing forums and businesses and referred to as "ONR"). ONR is a no rinse solution where you can just add one lid full of this stuff to two gallons of water and wash a car with just this with no pre soak or rinsing. Do one panel at a time and have no water run off, no pulling out hoses and less clean up time. The product actually lifts the dirt to prevent scratching, etc. They also make an instant detailer like Megs but you can add the ONR to the instant detailer to make a "waterless wash" which is almost like ONR no rinse but with no water, just the instant detailer and no rinse together. The instant detailer will give it gloss and slickness and the onr will help break up and lift the dirt off the car without scratches.
If anyone wants anymore information on this stuff then feel free to PM me with any questions, I'll be glad to help answer them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts