Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has had their Nova media blasted and then sprayed with etching primer; could you let me know what to expect on cost?

I have a '65 wagon; basically a shell on jack stands right now; am very close to having it ready for media blast but have no clue what to expect on cost.

Also if anyone lives and Southern Cal and can recommend a place; I'd like to hear.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I had my 63 ss soda blasted and SoTex soda blasting charged $150 per hour. I had the dash, firewall, door jambs, inner qtrs, part of the firewall, roof, and the package trey done and it cost me $400. I have new qtrs, door skins, trunk lid, and hood so I did not need them stripped. I did the fenders with aircraft stripper and the floors are all new custom. SoTex told me the outside complete would have been about $600 to $800. Luckily, I work in a collision repair shop so I paid my painter $100 to apply etching primer and sealer the same day so the metal would not flash rust. DO NOT TOUCH THE BARE METAL WITH YOUR BARE HANDS, YOU WILL GET RUSTY FINGER PRINTS.

http://www.sotexsodablast.com/

·
Registered
297 Posts
Expect to pay about 1k to get it done. I paid $600 to get my wagon blasted. All I got done was the body itself. No door, hood or fenders. Primer was $150 and I did it myself.

My father-in-law has a shop in So Cal and gets a car blasted every few monthes at a place called Polyrock. It's in the 909. Give my father-in-law Earle a call at 909-393-1358 to get the number. He can also tell you how much to expect to pay.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Expect to pay about 1k to get it done. I paid $600 to get my wagon blasted. All I got done was the body itself. No door, hood or fenders. Primer was $150 and I did it myself.

My father-in-law has a shop in So Cal and gets a car blasted every few monthes at a place called Polyrock. It's in the 909. Give my father-in-law Earle a call at 909-393-1358 to get the number. He can also tell you how much to expect to pay.
Thanks for the info ..... much appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts