Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Cartoon, do you have any posters available to post over here on the Island from Nanaimo north. I posted around 12 last year in the Lordcos and Napas. There should be more Island cars attending this year.
John.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Poster looks great! :cool:
One observation. A lot of highway driving, more of a high speed run vs. cruise, no?

I thought initial plans were less time at highway speeds to not deter high gear running members?
Surrey to Langley via Fraser Hwy or # 10? Then maybe a back road to Abby ( zero ave or?)
Abby to Agassiz on #1
Agassiz to Maple Ridge on the # 7 is lower speed than highway so thats not too bad.

I have a 4 speed auto now so, am ok, but if I were still running a 3 speed auto with my 3:73's I would be leary of that much highway driving.

An option for high gear runners not wanting that much highway time or those wary of fuel consumption could be start in Surrey bail at Abby over to Mission, lunch, shoot the breeze at Tims for 1.5 hrs and wait for the long haul group to arrive at 1:15 for the last leg to Maple Ridge

My thoughts, maybe I am a bit punchy, day 10 at Childrens with nothing but time on my hands.

Shaun

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Cartoon, do you have any posters available to post over here on the Island from Nanaimo north. I posted around 12 last year in the Lordcos and Napas. There should be more Island cars attending this year.
John.
i'm back from a few days away.
YES,i can send you a few posters by courier to expidite them getting posted.
p.m. me your address and the quantity you'd like and i'll send them tomorrow morning.
thanks,
leftcoast carl.:yes:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
looks great!!!!!

I would have the Gen1 a Wagon!!

Al

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Poster looks great! :cool:
One observation. A lot of highway driving, more of a high speed run vs. cruise, no?

I thought initial plans were less time at highway speeds to not deter high gear running members?
Surrey to Langley via Fraser Hwy or # 10? Then maybe a back road to Abby ( zero ave or?)
Abby to Agassiz on #1
Agassiz to Maple Ridge on the # 7 is lower speed than highway so thats not too bad.

I have a 4 speed auto now so, am ok, but if I were still running a 3 speed auto with my 3:73's I would be leary of that much highway driving.

An option for high gear runners not wanting that much highway time or those wary of fuel consumption could be start in Surrey bail at Abby over to Mission, lunch, shoot the breeze at Tims for 1.5 hrs and wait for the long haul group to arrive at 1:15 for the last leg to Maple Ridge

My thoughts, maybe I am a bit punchy, day 10 at Childrens with nothing but time on my hands.

Shaun
your point is well taken shaun,but there are a few reasons that we've chosen this route over others.the main ones include keeping an unknown number(hopefully a LARGE number:yes:)of classic chevys together with minimal traffic lights to spread us out. the feedback on the "cruise" portion has been very positive to date and you do bring up a good point:the route is looped for the very reason that anybody can jump in and out at any of the designated meeting spots to ease their participation whether it's due to too much diff gear or other plans that will only allow someone a set time to play.
of course there's always room for improvement,but i'd like to run this route this time and then take a poll of the cruisers "likes and dislikes" to best plan future events.
thanks,
carl.:)

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
good rationale. sounds good. Looking forward to the event.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
The posters look Great!!!!!!:yes::cool:

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
The posters look Great!!!!!!:yes::cool:
YES THEY DO!!!!
rhid("cartoons" on this site) is a graphic artist with a ton of talent.the feed back has been phenominal.
GOOD JOB RHID !!!:yes::D
leftcoast "couldn't draw a stickman" carl:rolleyes:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Poster looks great, and I love the route with a 5 speed the hwy is fine for me.
Shaun makes a vaild point, I like the route as long as the lead car attempts to keep rev's down because the vast majority of our cars are non overdrive cars.
The 1st show I got frantic :eek: cell calls from many 3,500 to 3,800 rpm ' ers. The plan was to max at 55mph, but some overdrive cars decieded to take the lead.
I finally got Henry in front to slow the train down, but by then a few members were deaf, :).

·
Registered
816 Posts
RPM, Mileage, Gears, Gas?

This is a chance to get those cars out there and use them!!. Being a small block kind of guy whats wrong with a little RPMs. The starting point for the cruise is at my shop At 13478 th ave Unit #1,Just two blocks west of King George Hwy, on the left side. I will have my car parked at the entrance so you can't miss it. I will have coffee and donuts for the people who show up to start from the begining. Should be a good turnout, as I have spoken with alot of my old buddies who never bring there cars out,I have been giving them a bad time for years.Carl can I get some posters as well, and I will distribute them to get some more exposure around my area.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
I finally got Henry in front to slow the train down,
I was only going slow so that some of the other guys could keep up with my stock 283. :eek::rolleyes: I only have a 2sp and I am not complaining about the RPM's. :rolleyes: My car can run at 80 mph no problem. :stir::poke:

I agree that it is easier to keep the cars together on freeway vs through town. Any speed between is fine with me. Traveling at or just below posted speed limit will create more exposure to our cars than if we travel 70 mph. :turn:

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
This is a chance to get those cars out there and use them!!. Being a small block kind of guy whats wrong with a little RPMs. The starting point for the cruise is at my shop At 13478 th ave Unit #1,Just two blocks west of King George Hwy, on the left side. I will have my car parked at the entrance so you can't miss it. I will have coffee and donuts for the people who show up to start from the begining. Should be a good turnout, as I have spoken with alot of my old buddies who never bring there cars out,I have been giving them a bad time for years.Carl can I get some posters as well, and I will distribute them to get some more exposure around my area.
DON'T ANY OF YOU PEOPLE WORK?!?!?!:D:D 1:45 PM and all of the canaucks are currently on the site.......:rolleyes:

yes frank,you can have some posters,in fact i could use some real help getting them distributed over the next few days,but seem to be tied to my office more than i'd like.perhaps a couple of local members can help me hang a few around greater vancouver please?
thanks,
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
ideally i'd like to see us keep together,but if somebody HAS to speed ahead(frank:devil::D),the "next" checkpoint would obviously be the place for us re-group.this is part of the reason i've allowed 15 minutes of rest time at each stop to permit all attendees to stage in an area whether they arrive there slightly early or late.
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Hey Carl, If I have a chance I will drop over to your place (home)on the weekend or a week night next week to get some posters.

CARtoon. If you can send me a few logos ( like the poster) saying;
3rd Annual Maximum Nova/Acadian Cruise In. I will make up some lamenated signs to put up at interstections close to the BBQ location and at entrance. I will get the keys to the gate Friday 12th of June. Send to [email protected]

These were the ones I had from the last BBQ

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
ideally i'd like to see us keep together,but if somebody HAS to speed ahead(frank:devil::D),the "next" checkpoint would obviously be the place for us re-group.this is part of the reason i've allowed 15 minutes of rest time at each stop to permit all attendees to stage in an area whether they arrive there slightly early or late.
leftcoast carl.
I think Henry or Frank speeding a head is a good idea, they can buy coffee's lunch, etc for the group, deliver to the cars, do windsheilds, a quick dusting of all our cars. Good on ya Henry and Frank:) Roller skates and trays fellas? :devil:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts