Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, this is a very nice looking car. However, there is no mention of documentation to prove it's a factory L79. The engine has a partial VIN matching the car, but I'd feel more comfortable if the engine build date picture wasn't cutoff before the two letter suffix code. Very strange, as this is one of the most important codes in identifying an L79.

1966 Chevrolet Nova | eBay

There are a number of restoration detail items that need attention. The absence of black painted door sills is almost a sure sign this restoration wasn't done by a Chevy II guru.
Looking at the side view of the car, you can see how this omission disrupts the flow of the lower door and rocker moldings. It almost appears the door sill plates have the blue protective film still in place, and does anybody have any ideas on what the yellow tape on the sill plate is all about? The passenger side door is very out of alignment at the trailing edge and the hood needs gap adjustment. 1966 Chevy IIs didn't have wood grain steering wheels, but they did have exhaust resonators. There are none on this car.
Most of the above can be fixed without major work.

Again, this is a great looking car, but is missing the detail attention and documentation to move it up the L79 quality ladder.

Bob

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Beautiful car. The seller may not realize the importance of the suffix number to those in the know. I think the yellow on the door sills must be protective film just to protect them during the sale of the car. I agree with you Bob, regarding the black painted door sills but, those of us living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Lol!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
the cracked roofrail weatherstrip is a surprise on a fresh resto. the repop windlace doesn't help, either, for "authenticity." and why on earth didn't they respray the seatbacks?

not so sure the underside looks top quality like some of the rides seen on this site.

they nailed the tire shine, thankfully.

-Rusty

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Bob, why does this car have letter "I" in the engine code? Others I have seen are numeric numbers only.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Vehicle Paint Bumper Vehicle door
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Paint Bumper Vehicle door

·
Registered
66 Chevy II, 67 Chevy II, 65 C10
1,038 Posts
I have been to this dealership. They have great cars. This one is a consignment I believe. It belongs to a member here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts