Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed and March mid mount pulley kit for a small block Chevy in my 72 Nova. Got everything on and it was looking good until I when to put the belt on for the alternator. The belt hits one of the bolts that holds the turn buckle to adjust the belt tension. I have the right lenght belt, tensioner is as short as it will get and everything is put on right and is still off by a half inch. No matter what I do the belt still hits this bolt. The only thing that I can think of to do so that the belt would hit is cut the tensioner shorther so everything lines up but I really don't want to do that is there is a better way and I paid way to much for this kit to break out the hacksaw. Anybody else run into this problem or is it just me.
thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have the mid mount, with air, and no issues on belt/bolt.
I do however have an issue with the air compressor billet pully cover. It will NOT stay on, and March is aware of the issue with the small sanden compressor.
They have yet to offer a fix.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
project72Nova said:
I have just installed and March mid mount pulley kit for a small block Chevy in my 72 Nova. Got everything on and it was looking good until I when to put the belt on for the alternator. The belt hits one of the bolts that holds the turn buckle to adjust the belt tension. I have the right lenght belt, tensioner is as short as it will get and everything is put on right and is still off by a half inch. No matter what I do the belt still hits this bolt. The only thing that I can think of to do so that the belt would hit is cut the tensioner shorther so everything lines up but I really don't want to do that is there is a better way and I paid way to much for this kit to break out the hacksaw. Anybody else run into this problem or is it just me.
thanks
I would give March a call.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man do I feel stupid. after all the swearing I figured it out I had the bracket that goes to the Alt. in front and it was supose to go to the back of the Alt. Belt fits fine with no clearance issues. Thanks Guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts