Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at putting a 5 or 6 speed behind the 60 over 350 I'm building right now :turn: Any ideas? I'm looking at something "Cheap" if possible. Something like a 5 speed out of a newer camaro, 90's or something. I just wasn't sure which was one of the better ones, and what they came in. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
a t 56 out of a newer vette would be the way to go i beleive thet came in camaros as well i dont know what years though :yes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like what I'm looking for. Anyone know specifics? I know there's a universal bell-housing that will allow you to use a newer gen tranny on an older gen block, but I can't remember which it is, and I can't remember exactly which trannies came in what year cars. Anyway, thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
The C5/C6 tranys will not work. They are a transaxle. You have to get to C4 vette tranny. The T-5 from the 4th gen Camaros have a Ford Bolt pattern with a Chevy input shaft.

In a T-5, you want a World Class T-5 from and 88 - 92 V-8 Camaro. The easiest T-56 would be from an LS based Camaro or GTO. The LT-1/4 trannys will work, but will require a switch to a hydrolic pull type clutch.

Keisler sells a rebuilt TR-45 transmission for Chevy's. It has a 3.37 first gear though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. Any ideas about the bellhousing? I'd like to use a World class so that's where I'm headed with all the parts I need to get

1 - 5 of 5 Posts