Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one? This thing is complicated!

Is it me or is this thing have a lot of setting?

I don't even understand what exactly it does!:confused::confused:

Friend purchased 2 years ago, he never did use it and gave it to me. I think I know why!:eek:

Al

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
al your not going to put that on your nova are you :no: that thing is for the little kiddys out there that play with laptops and do all downloading they can do to get their cars to run better ( tuner crap ) what ever happened to a good ol fashioned flat head screwdriver and a timing light :yes: i would waste your time with it and im sure im going to p.o. a lot of guys but im old school and sorry for hurting your feelings :yes:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
al your not going to put that on your nova are you :no: that thing is for the little kiddys out there that play with laptops and do all downloading they can do to get their cars to run better ( tuner crap ) what ever happened to a good ol fashioned flat head screwdriver and a timing light :yes: i would waste your time with it and im sure im going to p.o. a lot of guys but im old school and sorry for hurting your feelings :yes:
your not hurting my feeling!

I just learned how all the BS numbers come from those guys.

Tells my RPM by sound!! crazy!

I wonder ho accurate the g meter is? HA HA!:rolleyes:

Al

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
tell you the truth a friend of mine thought it would be funny to install it on his car :yes:........... its an 8.50 mustang with a lsx in it on nitrous well i can tell you that it wouldnt keep up with his car every time he released the trans break the thing would read " system error" and it would give him a 10 something pass even though he his time slips where 8.60s so i guess there not that accurate :no:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hey Al, take it to the track with you and let us know how accurate it is. I have a few friends that say the unit helped them out quite a bit on tuning both engine and suspension by measuring the changes they made. The nearest dragstrip for us is 3 hrs away.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i have the g-tech pro. i think its great although ive only used it a couple of times. it was very accurate. my time at the track said i ran an 11.7 and the g-tech said it was 12.0. .03 tenths is prety darn close for a gadget that you just pluginto your cigar lighter. the great thing is, now you can upload it to your computer and share it with people, or examine it and compare it to other 'runs' to see exactly where you are when making changes. is it perfect, no, but it gives you alot more info then just a timeslip at the track.

·
Registered
996 Posts
i have the old, first model of it.

just tells you
hp
0-60
1/4mile et and mph
and g forces

it was very accurate, if you put in the correct weight of your vehicle.
the new one is better, but it's harder to setup.
to be honest i'd never buy one again, but i won't get rid of the one i have.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
the weight needs to correct or it wont be accurate. guesstimate the weight and it will guesstimate your numbers.

I plan to use mine this summer to do a back and forth between a regular air cleaner and a cold air setup to see if those actually add any power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts