Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And its my fault. :mad: I bid on this on my way out the door so I didn't even see the fine print. I have shipped intakes, heads, wheels, tires, and anything else you can put in a box off of a car... and I have NEVER EVER EVER gouged anyone on shipping. This thing shouldn't cost more than 8 bucks to ship and he's gouging me for 33.50!
Use the shipping calc. and see what it costs to 72104.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6064810421&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

I am half tempted NOT to pay because you can get these for 20 bucks in truck stops all around here... but I'll man up and do whats right. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Ya that sucks, but you really shoulda checked it before bidding. I checked it to here in Louisiana and it was like $34 shipping lol. I used to wonder why people did stuff like that on eBay, like sell stuff worth maybe $30-40 with "Buy It Now" for $5 or so and then have a set shipping fee of like $75, and the only reason I can come up with is that thats their way of bypassing eBays seller fees. Cuz I think they charge the seller based on the final selling price so they would only hafta pay a fee based on the $5 selling price lol. I GUESS thats why they do it :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
WTF??????
This is a .99 cent auction the remaining value of the item is added in when you calculate for shipping.
So, it doesn't matter what you bid on it, it will cost the same no matter what!!!

Not exactly an auction when it is done like that.:mad:

Randy (Now i know how I am doing my auctions from now on!!):eek: :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JR said:
How does it calculate stuff. Does it weigh a bunch??
It does it by weight and box demensions. He just made up a bunch of crap to jack up the price.

The best part is, "Items will only be accepted for returns at your shipping expense and original shipping costs are non refundable." So I can return it for 0.99 cents...

As far as covering selling fees... I never had a sellers fee over 9 dollars. (I used a friends ebay account for years.) I dunno. The more I think about it the more pissed I get. :mad:

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
say g'bye. don't accept the auction... so he gives ya negative feedback. that's only one and you can be proper with yer explanation. so if anyone thinks yer a ratbastich, they can read yer explanation and all would be well...

i wouldn't worry about it... and i wouldn't spend that much for the item.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because everyone is scared of getting negative feedback in return. Either way he is getting the appropriate feedback from me. :mad:

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I had to buy a lower spring adjuster nut for a Koni coil over last week. I was shocked when the guy told me it was $25. but I had to have it. I told him to ship it second day from Ohio to SC, 550 miles approx. The shipping was $23. for this part that fit in a 6 X 6 inch bubblepac envelope. Shipping has gotten crazy with the fuel costs getting alot of blame. Vendors that use free shipping as a plus also get you with handling charges that are unreal. RM

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shine on that. I sent a tunnel ram and 2 holleys to a member on this site less than a month ago and it was $25 for the intake and $20 for the carbs. That was priority USPS. I sent a set of vortec heads to someone in Arizona for $45 a piece via UPS. There is no way I am paying 33.50 for a 2 pound plastic truck that small.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
That's a scam to reduce fees to Ebay. He ends up paying very little for the listing fee for $0.99 and the the commission for the sale.

·
Super Moderator
7,177 Posts
The seller is in PA, and it would cost me over $30 to ship it to MA via either parcel post or priority mail. Obiviously this guy is fudging on the weight of this package to scalp some extra money. I notice this guy's on a roll with 12 NEGATIVES in the last 6 months! If I were you I'd make it 13, and stiff him, take the neg. from him, and blister him back!

A

·
0 Posts
brickyardboy said:
The seller is in PA, and it would cost me over $30 to ship it to MA via either parcel post or priority mail. Obiviously this guy is fudging on the weight of this package to scalp some extra money. I notice this guy's on a roll with 12 NEGATIVES in the last 6 months! If I were you I'd make it 13, and stiff him, take the neg. from him, and blister him back!
Ditto.........:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
I would file a complaint with e-bay. I think that is a scam, got the item for .99. I checked and shipping is 33.50 to IL. I would report him and give him a negative feedback.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I think people put too much stock in a 100% feedback rating. I've bought from sellers that have had less, but reading the feedback you can see that some get caught up in things like this. You can pretty much decifer who's a scumbag and who's not.......

When I ship, I give no standard charges, I ship by actual zip code. More of a pain, but it's honest..

·
Registered
553 Posts
I wouldnt pay for it. Tell him why you are not paying for the item and see if he will let you off the hook. If not, leave him a negative and tell the world how he overcharges for shipping. I bet he will leave you alone. Or, mark your calendar for 90 days from the end date. You can leave a neg in 89 days 23hrs and he wont have time to retaliate.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I did the calculate bit and it was the same rate using 61201 which is Quad Cities Ill, and 92110 which is San Diego. That should not be the way it works.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
65GASSER said:
The best part is, "Items will only be accepted for returns at your shipping expense and original shipping costs are non refundable." So I can return it for 0.99 cents...
I actually sold an item on eBay once using the same system to calculate postage as this seller did. eBay asks you the size and weight of the package. And then they have a place to add a handling fee. They even go so far as to tell you that the prospective buyer WILL NOT see this "handling" fee when they calculate postage.

So basically, the guy could say that the box is 24"x6"x8" and weighs 3 lbs. eBay calculates the actual postage to you zip code and then adds in his mark up which may be $20 in this case. That's how this is done.

Unfortunately the shipping costs were disclosed up front. The seller did not hide them from you. So you will lose any arguement with eBay. Live and learn I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
Please be sure to use the shipping calculator prior to placing a bid, this auction is for one item only per bidder, if you wish to purchase more than one item or for shipping outside the U.S.A. please contact us for a shipping quote prior to bidding! This is a .99 cent auction the remaining value of the item is added in when you calculate for shipping. This item is not .99 cents, please be sure to calculate for shipping, and be sure to bid on only one item! Thank you

You should definitely report this to ebay. He is clearly in violation of the rules. See below.

ebay.http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-surcharges.html

A

·
0 Posts
novaken said:
I wouldnt pay for it. Tell him why you are not paying for the item and see if he will let you off the hook. If not, leave him a negative and tell the world how he overcharges for shipping. I bet he will leave you alone. Or, mark your calendar for 90 days from the end date. You can leave a neg in 89 days 23hrs and he wont have time to retaliate.
I like this one.........I'll file this for future reference :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts