Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the nose about buttoned up. What do you think? Working on electrical
and plumbing as well as building a custom steel dash insert.

·
Registered
723 Posts
How have I not seen this car yet!? I really like it man, looks mean! Great job

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How have I not seen this car yet!? I really like it man, looks mean! Great job

I just have not posted much on it. More of a stalker than a poster. Never really figured people would want to see it. My buddies are starting to get giddy about it and I figured maybe others may enjoy it. I did mistakenly post a few photos a couple weeks ago and ended up with them in "the best of" area mistakenly.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I just have not posted much on it. More of a stalker than a poster. Never really figured people would want to see it. My buddies are starting to get giddy about it and I figured maybe others may enjoy it. I did mistakenly post a few photos a couple weeks ago and ended up with them in "the best of" area mistakenly.
O no please post more pics as it gets finished I would love to see more of this. Not very often you come across a build like this on your car

·
Registered
723 Posts
That is beautiful work man. You have one bad A Ventura, seriously. I love it

·
Registered
723 Posts
I dont know a whole lot about them, is that a firebird front or Ventura front? And what year is the car?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know a whole lot about them, is that a firebird front or Ventura front? And what year is the car?

Car is a 71 with a 74 Ventura/GTO header panel

Thank you very much for you comments. I have built every aspect of this car over the past several years. Finally see the light at the end of the tunnel

·
Registered
723 Posts

Thank you very much for you comments. I have built every aspect of this car over the past several years. Finally see the light at the end of the tunnel
You should be super happy, honestly this is one of my favorite cars I've seen on here. Super cool build

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,532 Posts
I really like the look of your car's front profile!... The 74 Ventura/GTO header panel is super clean looking with the earlier style Ventura bumper!

... and the addition of the rally style chin spoiler looks killer!
Awesome Build!!!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
you don't go about a restore half stepping it at all. that is some great work. an that engine just looks fast sitting there. keep the progress pictures coming.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
This is a very remarkable build..! Shame on you for holding out on us..
I love the front end treatment.. It gives it a clean yet aggressive Firebird type of look. The stealthy blacked out exterior makes it super understated while commanding you to pay attention.. And you better pay attention because this ain’t no superficial beauty queen.. There’s a LS drivetrain and significant chassis and structural fortifications in place to make believers out of those who weren’t paying attention..

Very bad ass.. I love it..

Please explain the front suspension setup.. Looks like some circle track type of suspension components and highly tuneable..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is a very remarkable build..! Shame on you for holding out on us..
I love the front end treatment.. It gives it a clean yet aggressive Firebird type of look. The stealthy blacked out exterior makes it super understated while commanding you to pay attention.. And you better pay attention because this ain’t no superficial beauty queen.. There’s a LS drivetrain and significant chassis and structural fortifications in place to make believers out of those who weren’t paying attention..

Very bad ass.. I love it..

Please explain the front suspension setup.. Looks like some circle track type of suspension components and highly tuneable..
Thank you very much. I honestly did not figure it was forum worthy. Did not want to waste peoples time. As it is, it seems that everyone is liking it.

The front suspension uses a strut rod type of lower control arm, I built the spindles and suspension to accommodate the wide 5 wheels. I currently have a set of 18" wide fives being built for the car. It uses a coil over shock assembly. Yes everything is adjustable. Upper shock mount is on a load bolt, lower strut rods are easily adjustable to square the car. Lower control arm is also length adjustable. All balljoints are easily swapped out for different length pins so that roll center and camber gain can easily be manipulated. I built the steering arm on the spindles to accommodate the power rack and pinion assembly. The sway bar is a three piece splined bar assembly.

The rear suspension is a 4 link with adjustable panhard bar setup and quick change rear axle that is holding a Detroit locker.
I initially was building the car for some spirited competition. However, it will likely be a daily driver for me now.

More than happy to answer any questions that anyone may have.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Parts back from powder coating. Ready for assembly

Some of the structure that I built under the midsection

Exhaust back from ceramic coating

Complete rear suspension during mock up stage.

Raised the front wheel wells so that the car could be dropped.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Those quick change axles are super cool. My buddies dad has one on his 50 ford and it's sweet. I've heard they can take a real good beating also. Awesome car man that will be a fun one for sure

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
Ok 'ford396' . . . . . . . I Do have a question ……………………………………… "where you been hiding this thing " . . . . . "ROCKET _ SHIP_ for_ SURE" .

Great build - - - "not u'r everyday Nova" - - lol - - and, You know what I mean . Thank you very much for posting up all those great shots .

like I've had my nova a long time ; and, mostly just jump-in & drive it . . . . . but, sure makes me wonder just why I Haven't parked-it too do a 'rebuild' . . . . even, more-so , after
looking at this Great Car .
Here's another Question - - - what's u'r 'location' , please ( maybe enter that at u'r U S flag) , I'm just talking . . . . . .
Thanks again, and for sure Keep - Posting - those - Great - Pictures . . . . . . . . later , jim

1 - 20 of 46 Posts