Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to cars and have a 72 nova that I just swapped a 5.3LS I rebuilt into. I am wondering how many people who swap in LS's want it to look, as close as possible, to a SBC/BBC? There are valve cover adapters, EFI units that look like carbs, coil relocation brackets, etc. that seem to begin to address this issue. I am in the process of creating a coil relocation bracket that will mount behind the carb and looks like a distributor. I am also working on a bracket that mounts to the original valve covers that will include BBC looking valve covers for my swap. I love turning avocations into vocations and was wondering if this is something that would appeal to a lot people or not?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm new to cars and have a 72 nova that I just swapped a 5.3LS I rebuilt into. I am wondering how many people who swap in LS's want it to look, as close as possible, to a SBC/BBC? There are valve cover adapters, EFI units that look like carbs, coil relocation brackets, etc. that seem to begin to address this issue. I am in the process of creating a coil relocation bracket that will mount behind the carb and looks like a distributor. I am also working on a bracket that mounts to the original valve covers that will include BBC looking valve covers for my swap. I love turning avocations into vocations and was wondering if this is something that would appeal to a lot people or not?
There's a lot of stuff out there to make it not look like an LS. I think its been around long enough now that it looks good in its own right with some dress up. I personally want people to know its an LS.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Wow, I feel like I've missed something somewhere :confused:

Is this really a trend :confused: If it is, it saddens me :(

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wow, I feel like I've missed something somewhere :confused:

Is this really a trend :confused: If it is, it saddens me :(
I must agree, I love my SBC and have done a lot to make it look good under the hood, fuel injection, polished aluminum, matched car paint on block, ect, but at shows and cruise ins people walk by and look and keep walking because its just another small block. I have a 6.0 with Ls6 intake and all of the goodies going in and want it to look just like what it is. I did take pains to rework the harness to hide wires and make it look as good as possible but I'm not hiding the LS.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
but at shows and cruise ins people walk by and look and keep walking because its just another small block. .
I generally stop and take a good look at anything small block, anything else I keep walking.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Nothing wrong with a well laid out normal LS either, just saying if I'm gonna swap I'm gonna spend my money on power not parts to hide the engine. Its just an opinion, its worth what I charged for it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
These are nice old school looking LS.
I have seen a lot LS motors in everything but this has to be the best I have seen. The detail is incredible. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
928 Posts
if we were smart we would start stockpiling the small block, just a matter of time before it becomes the flathead, JMO

1 - 20 of 31 Posts