Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im starting on a list of parts for the nova, the main thing high up there on the list is new headers, exhaust pipes and mufflers to replace the old stock ones..well heres where the hard part comes in i know nothing of these parts and im shopping around looking on summit but i dont know much about these..so can someone recommend me a good combo for the right price?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
i have some mufflers that i'm willing to sell if you wanna save some$. hooker mufflers 2 1/2" flanged on both sides for easy removal. I think they're the aerochamber mufflers offset/offset, but I'm not sure. i also might be wanting to get rid of the flomasters that I just took off for the bullets. offset in/center out. 3"

look for used stuff on craigslist if you want to save money though. used headers go for CHEAP. I'm talking $25-50 for a set of $250 headers. Do some research and ask for part numbers though. people will sell anything to anyone just because they need the cash. hope that helps. it's good to just browse through the catalogs and write down stuff to get an idea of what to buy. cars aren't cheap...

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya thats another thing im not to sure on is the mufflers, the sound i want and the types of pipes..as for sound i want them loud but not to loud i like that rumble the sound when you know a muscle car is around..i had my mind set on flowmasters but no one here seems to like them so im open to others like dynomax magna and such

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
H pipes are more for sound

X pipes give you more torque up to 4k rpm

I went with some cheapie knock off flow masters (there like flopros or some crap) and they sound bad ****ing ***

oh and i would buy the muffs off aron69nova. its a hella good deal

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
i never heard them mufflers the hooker ones so i have no clue on the sound..right now im debating on pipes and the headers

the hookers most likely have good flow. the mufflers you where looking at are more for fords and crap.

what setup are you running?

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the hookers most likely have good flow. the mufflers you where looking at are more for fords and crap.

what setup are you running?
stock right now, but gonna rebuild later down the road so getting a good exaust system right now..i love the loud rumble type sound like flowmaster 40's but everyone seems to hate them on here :yes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts