Chevy Nova Forum banner

Would you modify the body of your Nova to look like a different Year?

• Yeah...Only If I Had The Money.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am thinking of saving to buy a Nova, but the 68'-74' models are harder to find, more expensive, and (in my opinion) better looking to me then the 75'-79'. I was wondering if anyone have fabricated, or acquired the body of a 68'-74' nova, and applied it to the later model nova?

Or maybe just the front body?

Is this even possible?

My idea is similar to this: http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/tech/chassis/completebuilds/0606ch_2002_chevy_camaro_body_kit_install/index.html

But instead of having someone else make it, just finding or buying fenders, hood, and everything else made for a 68'-74' and applying it to the later model.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
It's been done, rear side windows are a difference though:yes:

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
I don't think it has been done. Although '73 and '74 looks a bit different, they are still 3rd gen. If you keep your eyes open, there are still deals to be had on a good 3rd gen. You just have to be ready when it comes along!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Take a '73-'74 big bumper 3rd gen and convert to the earlier look with new front end and tuck the bumpers in tight. The big bumper cars are a lot cheaper than the skinny bumper counter parts, but not as cheap as a '75-'79. The 4th gens are so much different from the 3rd gens it would not really be possible to swap bodies without SERIOUS cutting and welding.

Kev

·
Registered
857 Posts

Just think of the benifits (quiet, good on gas, cheap tires)if this bad boy had a set of 70' skins on it.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Would you modify the body of your Nova to look like a different Year?

Yup - Gotta 75 - Put a 76 SS grille on it...There you go...:cool:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
You can still get a decent 73/74 for $1000 if you want, making a 4rth into a 3rd is impossable, the 4rth share simular floor and suspention and i think the front clips will interchange but i believe the roof is taller, im not 100% but i did own a 78'. The wheel base is the same, anyway good luck with that one, someone here a while back was making a 73/74 into a 69-72 model and was also changing the quarter windows. Dont know why he did that either. good cars and deals are still out there for nova nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts