Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of mag wheel hupcaps from a swap meet and was wondering if I could get a heads-up on them. I was told they were a dealer option and from a 66 Chevelle. I have seen this cap on a few Novas on the sight and was hoping to get some I.D. info and some suggestions as to how or who to restore them. They are a two piece cap with the outside being stainless and the inside (removable) a cast pot metal. I would have posted pictures but could not figure it out how from this listing page. If I could make contact with someone and they sent their e-mail I could send some pictures that way.

Thanks, Gerry

·
14,003 Posts
I don't know too much about them, Gerry, but they were also a factory and dealer option on the Chevy II/Nova from 1966-1969. The basic design was the same for both Chevelle and Nova, but there may have been a slight color difference on the spoke insert. Here's a pic of the simulated mags on a 66 Chevy II SS. Hopefully, somebody with more knowledge than I have on these will chime in.

Bob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Hey Gerry P, I don't know if you remember me we traded parts many years ago from NNN classifieds way back late 80's? My best friend John Scholz III also bought and traded with you There is a cardboard Tube with your name and address living in my Loft that houses NOS moldings probably 63-64 NOS trim.....anyways good to see a fellow long NNN member on here .... By the way there was two designs of hub caps with the Mag wheel covers I have one feel free to shoot me a picture and I'll compare it to a NOS one I have . Jose Mendoza AKA Novajoe

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
just went and looked the label is faded hard to read.....Ill looks familiar .......................wait Palos park Ill was that former chevy engineer guy with the nos parts guy in hemmings .....???? so many years so many NOS parts :eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mag wheels

I was out of town for the last four days and unable to respond. I have always been into the 66-67 stuff and not too much into the earlier cars, although I have been an NNN guy since 1980. I was trying to locate a guy named Lucas who did some metal work and polishing, but was unable to track him down on the site. If anyone has his number I would appreciate it. Thanks, Gerry

·
14,003 Posts
You're looking for George Lucas who is a member of this site. Look up 'Mordorman' under the members list for his info.

Bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mag wheels

Thanks for the comeback on Lucas. I did know he was on the site but did not know his name. I did do business with him years age and found him quite good. Gerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts