Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting my M20 ready and noticed the Speedo insert for the tail is missing, I have a couple other M21's I can take one from, but do I need to change the gear on the tail shaft as well or will the other incert be OK to put in?

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
An M20/21 can have a 6, 7, or 8 tooth tail shaft gear. You can put your m21 bullet in there, but the speedometer will be off if you don't know what you have. The tail shafts and the tail housing are interchangeable between the M20 and M21.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An M20/21 can have a 6, 7, or 8 tooth tail shaft gear. You can put your m21 bullet in there, but the speedometer will be off if you don't know what you have. The tail shafts and the tail housing are interchangeable between the M20 and M21.
OK I got lucky they both have 6 tooth gears!

no the gears are a different size. i just went through this your best bet is to talk to ed harnett (610)623-9381. he knows everything about those trans. and he has everything you would ever need in stock! you cant go wrong with this guy.
Thanks for the # I'll keep it handy, for any other help I'll need in the future!:yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts