Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm due for another set of rears.I've been running the ET drag radials but want something with more tread that doesn't have the car swapping ends in the rain.Looking for feedback from users of the above tires.You running tubes or not?Whats the life of them?I can't find a tread depth measurement for either of these tires so I'd be curious if anybody measured it.I'm getting about 3000 miles out of the ET's,and there ain't much rubber before you hit the wear indicators,so some extra longevity would be nice also.My 325/50x15 is not a very common size.I wish BFG didn't discontinue the 295/60 TA.I'm diggin' the Hoosier lettering.Fit's the old time feel of my buggy.Thanks.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I just put a new set of Hoosier Quick Time Pro's on my 64 and am very happy with them. I'm running them with tubes. I once had a set of quick time pros on my wheels for like 5 years before as the wheels where originally on my friends nova. The original slicks finally went bad and began to crack after I let my car sit for like a year. I changed to street tires and my car was too squrley to hammer on so I bought a new set of Quck Time Pro's about a month ago.

1) They hook HARD!!!! I'm running a low 12 second setup and when I stomp on it they don't break loose at all!

2) I haven't driven it in the rain as I was told not to. I imagine it would be somewhat unpredictable.

3) I don't know exactly how many miles they will last but in my experience they went bad from letting them sit for an extended period of time. I guess it depends on how you drive it :yes:

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Any "sticky" street/strip tire will wear quickly due to the tire compound. :yes:

The tire is one place where you can't have your cake and eat it too. :no:

If it's going to grip at the track it will wear out quickly on the street. That's just the way it is.

That is why I run a M/T Sportsman Radial on the street and a Hoosier drag slick at the track. I tried running M/T Sportsmans on my Pro Fiero and pretty much blew them off at the track. I switched to the Sportsman Pros and those gripped at the track (not as good as a slick) but didn't last worth a damn on the street.

If you're going to run it at the track buy a set of slicks or keep buying tires. ;)

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have BFgoodrich T/A g-Force drag radials. I've never had an issue in the rain. I once got caught in a nasty storm, the roads were nearly washed over and covered with wet leaves. I was doing 55mph through this, never felt like it was going to break loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts