Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a couple small leaks on my motor coming from my timing cover(just replaced the gasket and it still leaks) and a very slow leak coming from my oil pan. I was wondering if there is any oil additive i could use to fix these, people tell me Lucas Oil for stopping leaks is good, Another friend told me that Slick 50 is a good one to try, anybody else have any other suggestions or tips to fix the leaks?

Thanks for your time

Nick

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, thats why I wasnt too sure about it, Does it just thicken your oil?( probably not the right term) because a buddy of mine put it in his car and said it was the consistency of syrup.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
"The sign outside says no smoking. Can I smoke here anyway?"

"My finance company says I absolutely have to pay my bill by Wednesday or my car will be repossesed. Is there anyway I can pay it after then?"

"My rotating assembly kit says 'CAUTION: DO NOT EXCEED 5600RPM.' Think it will survive 6000RPM?"

......."My oil pan/timing cover gasket is leaking. Is there some way to fix the gasket that does not involve fixing the gasket?" Are you sure it was done right?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it was done right, me and my friends are thinking because its a chrome timing chain cover, but i sanded off the chrome on the mounting surface, I plan on replacing it with an aluminum cover and new seals, I was just wondering if there was a short term fix. But I am trying to get it fixed as soon as I can

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would not count on any additive to stop a leak.
there is actaually some additives that will swell seals to stop leaks, but gaskets are a little different , they have to be replaced

1 - 8 of 8 Posts