Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing an lt1 swap and have a few problems with the wiring...right now i have all of the wiring hooked up on the motor..(injectors sensors ..etc...)and the computer. my question is where does the computer get its power from? the harness and motor is from a 95 z28 and all i took from the donor car was the motor harness and computer. Do i need the underhood fuse box as well?.Also what do I do as far a guages.. i dont want to hack my original dash or mount some goofy looking homemade cluster...is there and way you can use mechanical guages ?

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
LT1 swaps are not that complicated, depending on who you listen to, or as simple as some think. I swapped a 87 454 tbi into a 79 k30 dually and used a painless 7 circuit stand alone fuse box. Nothing like injection for cold driveability. Send me PM and I'll go over the wiring harness with you, if you want. Ron

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
harness

I am doing that exact swap as we speak hopefully it will be running by the weekend. I would get rid of the factory harness and get an aftermarket harness. They are way easy to swap in and make for a much cleaner install
there's one on ebay right now for just over 300 bucks, the same one I bought for my car. Good luck with the install.

Shawn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts