Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 65 nova which im going to fit a LT1 engine/trans from a 93 Z28 camaro.
The nova still has the stock front end,will i need to do anything to fit the LT1 in the space?has anybody done this already?
Any tips would be great...the car was no here years ago as davo820 or something like that.
Cheers

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I dont think you would have any problem in putting it in there....

But I would take it, that it would be tight in there tho....:eek:

Alot people want some room, so they go with an aftermarket front sub....

Gives them a bit more room to play around with....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Like any small block Chevy (non LS) you're going to have to do something with the oil pan and pick up because of the steering linkage...

I'll try to ask my friend Jim what he did... can't remember which ffront end he had on when he dropped his LT!1 in his 62...

Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks Mark,
I have been looking at TCI's front clip...looks great,but may try to squash it in with the stock front untill i can get the TCI one,plus trying to get one in the UK is a pain in the ----,But so far the oil pan seem to be the biggest thing...oh and im not sure if anyone does engine mounts to go on to the original straight 6 ones

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Here's what my friend with a 62 ChevyII Novas said about his LT1 in his...

Did have the stock front end on originally. At that time just cut the stock coil springs to drop the front. Got by with that for quite awhile.
Then added the CPP lower a-arm kit. Still with the same cut coils. Then to have more suspension travel, went to 2" drop spindles and stock length 6 cylinder coil springs. That's what's on it now.

Have a 6 qt front sump pan (for '87 and later 1 pc rear seal block). That came from Chevy2Only.com.
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~partsort~A2~cadeggdA

They have several styles. Oil pump and pick up are stock Chevy II V8. Before that had a 6 qt rear sump oil pan which was wider in the sump area and not very low, but at the rear still had some ground clearance issues. More satisfied with the front sump for ground clearance. If you were not wanting to get the front down as low as possible, I would prefer the rear sump though. Can send pics of both of the pans while they are the on the car if you want. I still have the rear sump pan if anyone is interested.

Motor mounts are stock Chevy II. Stock Chevy II V8 motor mounts bolt right on the LT-1 block!

Hope this helps out!

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts