Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up a ls1 a couple of months ago and i am really thinking of doing the ls swap into my 65 nova. I actually picked it up for a truck but the lt1 seems like it might be a better candidate for the truck instead. My question is has anyone tried out the g8 or Cadillac exhaust manifolds to see if they will work? I'm running the churchboys rack kit. I will be doing this on a shoestring budget and not really wanting to buy headers right now. Any info would be great.

Shawn

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
as far as I know, there is no manifold that will work with the 1st and 2nd gen nova stock front clips:no: I looked in to it when doing my swap and you'll see what I mean if you do the swap:( The Church boys headers are very nice and fit good and also Sanderson Headers makes some now but I can't comment on their fitment because I haven't used them:no:

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
as far as I know, there is no manifold that will work with the 1st and 2nd gen nova stock front clips:no: I looked in to it when doing my swap and you'll see what I mean if you do the swap:( The Church boys headers are very nice and fit good and also Sanderson Headers makes some now but I can't comment on their fitment because I haven't used them:no:
Sanderson makes a LS swap header for Novas now? Do you have any info? part #'s

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Sanderson makes a LS swap header for Novas now? Do you have any info? part #'s
last I heard, they already had a production header that fit the steering box side and were working on a passenger side header:yes: I stopped checking up on them and bought the CBR headers because I couldn't wait:no: maybe I'll give them a call next week since I will be running Sanderson headers on the 67 LS swap since I have the TCI clip:yes:

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I started doing this swap back in 09 and no one was making headers at the time, so i went with the lt1 instead. I will defiantly have to check on sandersons headers but maybe I can get chuck to give a great deal. lol. but i'm headed out right now to pull the lt1 the transmission went out on it again and just figured this was the right time to do it if i have to buy another transmission might as well be for the ls1.

Shawn

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
no turning back now the lt1/4l60e are sitting on the garage floor gonna get this stuck in 93 chevy truck and onto the nova over the winter cant wait to see what the ls1 looks like sitting in the engine bay. Also found the link to to the sandersons headers not sure if they look all that great.

http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sanderson-LS14-Header-Set-for-62-67-Nova-with-GM-LS-Engine.html
The headers pictured at that link are for a standard small block. If you don't believe me just look at the port configuration.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there websites states there not the ones pictured but are identical except for the flange. For the 475.00 it will cost you with coating i'm not seeing much of a deal. I will probably keep looking. I'm gonna get a trans and drop it in over the winter so hopefully I will find a deal before the summer months.

Shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts