Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy is parting out his '96 Camaro possibly, and it has the 5.7l LT1. I get first dibs if I want it. I had planned on just putting the 5.3l in my car, but I like this idea more :D My question is, since everything else is interchangeable with LS engines (right?) would swapping an aluminum block in the future be doable? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just getting into the LS world. Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah crap.. I found my answer. NOTHING is interchangeable with LT and LS blocks :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is this was going to be something way down the line because I couldn't afford to do everything all at once.. but he's pretty much deciding that if he doesn't get it fixed.. he's just taking it to the junkyard. For $500 I can have the entire drive train and part out the entire car. I was looking at ls1tech and their was a lot of guys favoring the LT1 over the LS1. I'm not building a hot rod to race around in. I want to be able to drive daily and such. 350hp is more than enough for what I'm looking for. But hey.. I don't know how to say no to horsepower. :devil:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wait what the heck! Your name has LT1 in it and your signature says "LT1 Baby!" hahahaha.. I'm confused.

Edit: Ok.. I'm more confused now. I read your build thread, and your project is exactly what I have been planning for my cars future. Everything down to the fact that I'd be using a 1996 Camaro with almost the same LT1 as you and the same 4L60E.. So why LS again?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The problem is this was going to be something way down the line because I couldn't afford to do everything all at once.. but he's pretty much deciding that if he doesn't get it fixed.. he's just taking it to the junkyard. For $500 I can have the entire drive train and part out the entire car. I was looking at ls1tech and their was a lot of guys favoring the LT1 over the LS1. I'm not building a hot rod to race around in. I want to be able to drive daily and such. 350hp is more than enough for what I'm looking for. But hey.. I don't know how to say no to horsepower. :devil:
i would buy it. yeah everyone wants an ls these days but, an lt swap will be just as fun and will cost way less money.. Also lt parts are alot cheaper than the ls stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
Wait what the heck! Your name has LT1 in it and your signature says "LT1 Baby!" hahahaha.. I'm confused.

Edit: Ok.. I'm more confused now. I read your build thread, and your project is exactly what I have been planning for my cars future. Everything down to the fact that I'd be using a 1996 Camaro with almost the same LT1 as you and the same 4L60E.. So why LS again?
LSx has way more aftermarket support. The LS heads flow better from the factory. The amount of effort involved to install either engine is about the same, but with the LS, you have a more modern engine and more options for aftermarket goodies.

Unfortunately the LT1 is the [email protected] child of the Chevrolet small block family. :(

So, why did I do the LT1 swap? Because I had the drivetrain. When I grenade the LT1, I will swap in a LSx. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts