Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been accumulating bits and pieces to this project over the past few years and its finally time to start working. I really enjoy forums like these and they've helped me out with all my other vehicles, looking forward to learning and maybe passing my own knowledge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1973 nova custom, bought as a roller. Everything there appears to be mostly original aside from paint. Though I bought the car nearly 4 years ago, I haven't been around it much due to the military. Finally moving into to my own place over the next week and it's going in the garage this weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only have a couple right now, once we finally get in the house and settle into to working there should be plenty

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well life had a few speed bumps and found out I'm going out to Cali for training for a few months but finally decided to go ahead and drop the motor and trans in

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well shes rolled back into the corner in preparation for me leaving monday.

Throttle and kick down cable on order from lokar as well as their cable bracket and column shifter linkage.

Trying to put together a bare necessities parts list to plumb the fuel system without spending too much $$ if it's not needed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well shes finally in the garage again. Didnt really get much done other than that. Finally got what's left of the old exhaust out so it's not scraping up the driveway, and got the a/c compressor delete pulley on after some modifications (stupid chinesium) but that's really it for today.

Hopefully I can start chipping away at my parts pile now. Hoping to have it running by may.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally heard life out of a engine I built in high school after its sat for 6 years. There's still quite a few things before shes road worthy, but man it feels good to hear it running

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
LT1’s have funny engine mounting perches.. What did you do to set your engine in the in the Nova? Did you fab your own mounts or buy something..? I have recently acquired a couple of LT1’s from F bodies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All I had to do was remove the a/c compressor to allow for the passenger side mount to move forward on the block. I'm not sure if all models have that existing hole already in the block but I know there are companies that sell a plate in order to move the mount forward. Other than that, just used standard gen1 mounts and it's like it was meant to be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it drove out of the garage under it's own power this weekend.

Need to finish the exhaust and get some good tires. Also fix the brake lock up issue.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
that had to bring a big smile to your face to drive a short distance on a motor you put together. you must have finished that 2 months training in cal, reserves? i did 26 yrs. with some of it fun others not. but sure was glad the day i turned my I.D. card in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts