Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it has been forever since I posted an update. I bought the wagon last Fall in a disassembled state. Since then, I have repaired a few rust spots and am in the middle of mocking up the motor mounts and trans crossmember so I can weld the new floor pans in. Next up is a quick mini-tub, then patch the 1/4s around the wheel openings (I bought some 4-door 1/4s for patchwork). Then its paint time - Nantucket Blue.

It has a CR front clip, CR 4-bar rear (although a rebuilt 10bolt with all new suspension is in it now), 4.30 geared narrowed 9" rear, T56, and custom long tube headers. I have 315-35-17 DRs for the back and have yet to pick the wheels. I have 2 LSx motors: an iron 6.0 block and an aluminum LS2 block. I will be using the iron one first with a stock bottom end and L92s while I build the 11:1 402 stroker with the LS2 block. Then I will pull the iron motor and put the 402 in the wagon so I can tear down the LQ9 and build it as a 408 low compression :evilgrin: turbo motor for the 66 Sedan. It will be backed with either a T56 or a 4L80.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
dude. :pics:, more pics

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the T56 with a massive hole in the floor.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, just has the floors cut out. I have the new ones ready to go in, but wanted to trim them individually to fit the T56 before welding them in.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Nice project! Would love to see more pics when you get a chance. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Andrew:D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got the motor mounts and trans xmember all finished and am welding the floor pans in. I also just made some new adjustable upper struts for the front clip instead of the shimmable ones. Next I am rolling it out, turning it around, and putting it on my lift so I can mini-tub it and put the 4-bar in it. All thats left after that is to patch the 1/4s behind the wheels and get ready for paint (Nantucket Blue). I might just throw it together and drive it for a while first. The undercarriage is all detailed already so I don't have to mess with that.

When I roll it out of the garage, I will take a few more pics.

In the meantime, here is a shot of my 66 Sedan with the 315s sitting under it for fitment purposes.

And my "Fawn" 67 Sedan. Yeah, its rough, but the frame is great as are the 1/4s and the doors. I need new floors and taillight panel as well as the front metal, but other than that its solid. Its an original V8 Fawn/Fawn car and will be repainted in the fawn color (with a 454 LSX motor and T56).

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
stick with purple. nobody will expect it

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Badass! Keep the pics coming as you hit some milestones along the way. I've got to get moving with my car!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
WHOA, Maybe a PATINA

Finish in the works here!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
LS Motors going into everything?

I dont suppose you sleep do you? I am trying to finish One Car and you have three projects all with LS motors? So...When you are finished could you stop by my house and give me a hand?:rolleyes:

James

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heheh. I am actually only working on the wagon and the 66, with most of the work on the wagon right now so I can drive it this summer (maybe????).

And, yes, I will probably get anxious and skip right over that whole painting thing and drive it with some patina on it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
George!! Long time, man!

Yes, it is coming together. I have all the little rust spots cut out and new metal welded in except for the driver's lower 1/4 and the area around the roof in the back. Those are both next. I have the floors all finished, the minitub done, and have the paint and Lizardskin ready for warmer weather.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am on vacation right now, but when I get a chance I will snap a few and post them. I made some small adapters to fit into the end of the subrame tubes that allow the support to mount.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is a pic of the little adapter I made to fit the radiator support to the frame. I need to take it back out, grind the welds a little and paint it. The small little bolt holding the rad support to the frame is temporary just to hold it there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts