Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I looked threw a couple forums. And didnt find exactly what I was looking for.

I have a 63 wagon with a lq4 with ls3 top end. And f-body Accessories. And tci custom ifs.

So I'm thinking of getting a lsa with the camaro lid. My question is. Will it fit under a stock hood?
And for the people who have done this install. Where do you mount the water tank for the intercooler. And is it possible to still use the fbody Accessories?

And what's a good price for a lsa setup? I found one locally. A complete lsa with the ctsv lid fuel rail and injectors for $2800

Or should I go threw a shop like boost direct or something similar.

Thanks allot. For the help

·
Registered
399 Posts
Boost district is a great dude. I know him from the SoCal GTO/Holden crew. Id go with Roshan from boost district and just get the entire kit in one shot and a brand new blower.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boost district is a great dude. I know him from the SoCal GTO/Holden crew. Id go with Roshan from boost district and just get the entire kit in one shot and a brand new blower.
Have you delt with them before?
So do you know if their kits are complete kits?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Their kits are complete. Give Roshan a call and he will steer you in the right direction. even if you decide to buy it somewhere else, he will help you out. You just have to get the spacing right for whatever accessory drive you are running and which heads you have.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So do anyone have any info on the lsa or pics of one installed? Will it fit under the stock hood?
Is $2800 a good price

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Click on the link in my signature below. Mine fit on a 66, I trimmed the hood ribs for extra clearance (my OCD).

Depends on what you get for 2800, rotors scarred, oil changed, solid coupler, injectors, fuel rails, etc...no if you have to add all that plus a throttle body...

T,
Thank you foe the reply. I just read the whole thread. Your set up looks killer. That's exactly what I want to do.

So you have hood clearance after you switched to the zL1 lid?
How did you have to modify the hood latch to fit the intercooler?
Click on the link in my signature below. Mine fit on a 66, I trimmed the hood ribs for extra clearance (my OCD).

Depends on what you get for 2800, rotors scarred, oil changed, solid coupler, injectors, fuel rails, etc...no if you have to add all that plus a throttle body...

T,

Thank you foe the reply. I just read the whole thread. Your set up looks killer. That's exactly what I want to do.

So you have hood clearance after you switched to the zL1 lid?
How did you have to modify the hood latch to fit the intercooler?
And to run the lsa. Do I need to run the dbw throttle body. Or can I keep my dbc?

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy told me that it complete. This is what he told me
"Blower had approx 14k miles. Throttle body, fuel rails, injectors, blower, and lid are all stock and included."

"blower was replaced by dealership about year ago. Blower was then swapped for Magnuson supercharger. Blower was running fine with zero issues. I don’t have pump but can include factory ctsv fill tube and a new Eaton isolator if you wish to swap it out."

So what do you guys think? Is it worth the price? Because I'll still need the Necessary brackets to make it work with by F-body Accessories.

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
I did the exact same thing on my 65, I have the same iron block bored 30 over with the ls3 heads. It will fit under the hood with no modifications. I used the ZL1 lid and you will have to buy a front drive kit for the LSA. I spent 2500 it was clean, came with a new coupler installed, fuel rails etc. I put a intercooler in front of my radiator I had to make room with the hood latch but minor. I ran lines from it to my trunk where I have a 4gal tank with a pump to help keep things cool. The sealed way these come seems a bit small for cooling.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did the exact same thing on my 65, I have the same iron block bored 30 over with the ls3 heads. It will fit under the hood with no modifications. I used the ZL1 lid and you will have to buy a front drive kit for the LSA. I spent 2500 it was clean, came with a new coupler installed, fuel rails etc. I put a intercooler in front of my radiator I had to make room with the hood latch but minor. I ran lines from it to my trunk where I have a 4gal tank with a pump to help keep things cool. The sealed way these come seems a bit small for cooling.
Thank you for the reply.
So you spent $2500 for your whole setup or just the supercharger?

Did you use the dbw. Or were you able to use dbc?
Do you have any pics I can see

·
Registered
813 Posts
That was just the SC, I tried doing it DBC no luck the car never ran too good. I ended up going to DBW. Send me your email and I can dig through what I have and send them over!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm looking at a LSA for my LS6 and called and spoke with boost district. He was very helpful and was able to tell me what I need that the kit doesnt have.

$2800... photos looked ok but there is more to what you need from the photos shared, drive components, cooler, lines, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts