Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped in an ls6 with a mild tick performance cam into my 4 door 66. The car is two tone and reminds me of a cream puff and I plan on keeping it that way for a sleeper look. I'm at the point of picking mufflers and wanted to see if I can get some options. I would like it to sound as close to a stock 6cyl as I can as my 3 year old will be in the back from time to time and don't want her ear drums blown out. Anyone using anything they really liked or disliked so I know what to stay away from?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I just went through this with my LS car was loud and raspy with every muffler I tried just got it back from having a custom 3in stainless exhaust built using the Stainless works chambered mufflers with X pipe and Helm Holtz added and let me tell you it sounds very nice no drone and quiet!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just went through this with my LS car was loud and raspy with every muffler I tried just got it back from having a custom 3in stainless exhaust built using the Stainless works chambered mufflers with X pipe and Helm Holtz added and let me tell you it sounds very nice no drone and quiet!
I've never heard of Helm Holtz? Is it some sort of resonator?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts