Chevy Nova Forum banner

LS6 into a 66 sedan

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  itslow 
#1 · (Edited)
Can someone please point me in a direction to solve this issue. I swapped a LS6/4L60E into my 66. I would like to maintain and use the OE gauges. I'm looking for the most cost effective option here. This is a 4 door sleeper so would like to keep somewhat of a budget.

#2 ·
Which OE gauges do you have and look to keep? The Speedo can be utilized by purchase the dakota digital inline speed signal VSS adapter that allows you to have mechanical speedo and VSS output for the ecu.

#3 ·
OEM sending units

Your car came with sending units that supply signals to your gauges. Just plumb those sending units into your new system. Oil pressure you can get with a fitting down near the filter. Water temp, you may have to get an adapter to use one of the head fittings or an inline hose fitting with a threaded bung welded to it. Voltage, you can get anywhere there is a wire. Fuel level from the tank, original or aftermarket, they read resistance. The speedo, that got answered, and there are other options as well..

#4 ·
Other options to retain your OE speedometer would be to:
  • Modify the tail housing of the transmission to add a mechanical output. This tends to be very expensive, however.
  • Have the speedometer converted to use an electronically driven sweep and odometer. This would retain stock appearance, but replace the speedometers "guts".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.