Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the LS2 dropout I bought has been sitting in the garage under shrink wrap for a couple of months now. The way things are going, it could easily be another 2 months (or 3, or 4) before it's actually in the car and fired up for the first time.

I don't think there's a chance of any moisture whatsoever getting into the cylinders, but do I need to take out the plugs and squirt some oil in to keep it from seizing up?

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Wouldn't hurt. Maybe turn it by hand as well. That's what I did with mine. I had it rebuilt and didn't run it for about a year or so.

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
I wouldn't put oil in there, I would spray WD-40 in the cylinders and then about once a week go rotate it by hand 1 or 2 revolutions. Remember, whatever you put in there will stay in there if your rings are good, and combine with your fuel charge when you start it. If you decide on oil, don't freak when it smokes on start up...

T,

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
When I have an engine stored I put oil in the cylinders.:yes: Then before I fire it up I pull all the plugs and crank it with the starter. That clears most of the oil, if I got carried away. Reinstall the plugs and let it smoke.:yes: It may not be needed to pull the plugs but it's cheaper that a broken rod.:yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts