Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have chance to get an ls1 with 4l60 tranny 150k miles, or a 6.0 with 4l80 with 88k miles. They are same price 2k with everything. I know some advantages on each, what are your opinions. Will be going in a 75 Nova. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have chance to get an ls1 with 4l60 tranny 150k miles, or a 6.0 with 4l80 with 88k miles. They are same price 2k with everything. I know some advantages on each, what are your opinions. Will be going in a 75 Nova. Thanks in advance.

6.0 with 4l80E

less miles
Stronger Tranny
You can increase displacement with boring
Better head selection
More power potential

No brainer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6.0 is what I am leaning hard towards. I worry a little about the truck intake fitting under stock hood. Well, not exactly stock I am doing the 67 SS Chevelle hood louver and underside bracing swap, but it will not be like a cowl inducted hood.

Can I use accessories such as truck fan, power steering pump, alt etc. I know AC compressor has to be relocated. Anywhere make brackets for this?

Thanks for advice so far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
for the sake of the power you will want to make, the 4l80 is the way to go. One of my buddy has a tuned 5.3 and within 1000 miles of swap, had to get his 4l60e rebuilt. if you do not get the 6.0, i want it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts