Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the LS1 installs doing for linkage - are you using the stock pedal? Cable linkage I assume but how are you connecting to the pedal, etc. Looking for ideas to set up mine. Thanks. -Bob

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lokar sells a replacement aluminum throttle assembly(pedal)specifically for the 66-67 novas.It uses the original mounting location+they claim no drilling or modifications are required.I drilled a new hole to lessen the angle,for the(36in.) cable to run through.

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Lokar sells a replacement aluminum throttle assembly(pedal)specifically for the 66-67 novas.It uses the original mounting location+they claim no drilling or modifications are required.I drilled a new hole to lessen the angle,for the(36in.) cable to run through.
I had issues with that cable and went back to the stock arm and rod. I think you can use the pedal arm, then put a Lokar cable in between there and the throttle body. You can fab a bracket to hold one end of the Lokar cable, and then use the stock bracket on the other end.....so the cable in the middle is just a slider......look at pictures 8 and 9 in the thread below.......look closely at how the rear bracket is done....might Pm Stangs and see how he did it...

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119698

T,

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How rigid is the bracket? Looks like its just hanging out there in mid air and might want to bend. The universal assembly looks more stable but I've not seen either in person. Thanks for the input. -Bob

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...stock arm and rod. I think you can use the pedal arm, then put a Lokar cable in between there and the throttle body. You can fab a bracket to hold one end of the Lokar cable, and then use the stock bracket on the other end.....
Not sure I can use the stock pedal and arm for clearance issues. Has anyone used the universal pedal/arm? Would like to know how long the arm is after the pivot point - trying to figure out where it would exit the firewall. Thanks. -Bob

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Not sure I can use the stock pedal and arm for clearance issues. Has anyone used the universal pedal/arm? Would like to know how long the arm is after the pivot point - trying to figure out where it would exit the firewall. Thanks. -Bob
I'll try to get you a picture this evening. I used the stock arm, and as always, had to put it in a vice and do a little tweaking. Used a carb ball stud on the pedal arm end, and a carb bushing(the little aluminum one with a hole in it) to bolt it up. Works very smooth, and gets full throttle, right before the stop. You need to have the straight arm, and not the bent one. You will have to make an offset in it to clear the fuel rails, but it does work.

Film at 9........:D

T,

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tom I'll take a closer look at mine and see what I can do. The rear support for the cable - its hard to see because its black against black - could you put a piece of paper between them and reshoot the pic? Also, what is the L-shaped bracket at the end of the fuel rail - I took mine off - could not see any reason for it. -Bob

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Here's what I did, using Lokar cable and ends, and stock throttle arm.....

T,

This looks like a very clean installation!:yes::cool:

Not to hijack the thread, but could you post (or PM me) the basics of your build?
(Which front clip and why, rear suspension, shifter, basic wiring, ect...)

I am contemplating the same build and really love the clean look.

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Thanks Tom I'll take a closer look at mine and see what I can do. The rear support for the cable - its hard to see because its black against black - could you put a piece of paper between them and reshoot the pic? Also, what is the L-shaped bracket at the end of the fuel rail - I took mine off - could not see any reason for it. -Bob
The rear support was a bracket already on there, I just turned it. I think it held a wire loom. Don't know what the other bracket is for, I just left it for now, as I have some billet rails on the way, so it's gonna go away.....:D

You could make a rear bracket out of aluminum, just to hold the cable, there is really no strain on it at all. The throttle is very smooth all the way to the stop. I will probably just make another bracket once I get the rails on and see what kind of room I have. You can see it better here, again, I just turned it.....

T

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, here's why mine won't work like that:

How do you make 2 bends in the arm and still have enough length to reach up to the manifold level - mine just does now w/o any bends in it? -Bob

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
My bad, couple of things I neglected to mention. Flip your fuel rails around. It puts the regulator on the other side, out of the way. They will work the same. I also changed my Nova arm to one from a 69 Camaro. It fits the same just longer, or you could cut and weld an extension of some sort on it to raise it up. I just clamped my arm in a vise and tweaked it to line up......

T,

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
This looks like a very clean installation!:yes::cool:

Not to hijack the thread, but could you post (or PM me) the basics of your build?
(Which front clip and why, rear suspension, shifter, basic wiring, ect...)

I am contemplating the same build and really love the clean look.
It's all here, just ask any questions I didn't answer. No particular reason for choice on the clip, other than price, Tim's Hot Rod's will make you a heckofa deal.....

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120936

T,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts