Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much rearward does your motor sit? A few degrees? This will obviously affect a LOT of things, so I am wanting to make sure I have mine right before I weld up the hole in the floor for the T56.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Mine is a stock clip car, so 4 degrees was the best I could do without cutting into the tunnel.

Jack

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you didn't have to cut into the tunnel? Wow. I had to do quite a bit of reshaping.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Babyduece is using an auto. It's not possible to put a T56 or TKO in w/o raising/widening the tunnel. You'll need to set the engine at whatever height/angle will result in a good match between the angle of the transmission output shaft and the pinion on the rearend.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I have my tunnel widened already. But before I welded the pans back in and called it "finished" I wanted to make sure I have the driveline angle right and the trans down at the right position.

Right now, my motor/trans is sitting at 2.5 degrees downward and the driveshaft is at a 3.5 degree angle from the trans to the rear yoke.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Yes, I am using an auto.....but I also modified my engine mounts to move the engine 1" forward to gain more clearance at the tunnel. You should be fine where your at. If you find the angle is a bit off, adjust it at the pinion to get your angle back.

Jack

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had thought about moving the mounts forward on the engine - it seemed like there was plenty of room. But I did a search on pics for these things and it seemed like most people tucked them close to the firewall, so I did that. I made my own frame mounts and had a local guy plasma cut me some motor mount plates to work with stock 3-bolt Chevy mounts. In hindsight, I would have more room for the stock bench seat if I had moved it forward. The good news is that I can easily move it forward if I need to.

Thanks for all the help, guys!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Relative to the ground (level floor) mine is 3 degrees down, pinion is 3 degrees up, zero pinion angle. But... That was when I installed the 4-link. Ive changed things and have to re-set my pinion angle I think, the ride height changed a lil, maybe. Once I get the front end back on I will dial things in. JR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts