Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you that are doing a ls1 conversion, what radiator setup are you going with? i'm trying to find a stock dimension, high capacity, ls1 compatable (pump suction/return both on the passenger side) radiator. Any ideas? thanks.

·
Registered
931 Posts
radiator

I use a stock style V8 and tap the water pump for the steam line. I have done several this way with no problems.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
for those of you that are doing a ls1 conversion, what radiator setup are you going with? i'm trying to find a stock dimension, high capacity, ls1 compatable (pump suction/return both on the passenger side) radiator. Any ideas? thanks.
Ron Davis makes awesome cross flow radiators that can handle gobs of horsepower.
Give 'em a call!

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
A stock radiator would work, as you will be operating at a lower temp than stock configuration. The LS radiators usually have the inlet / outlets opposing, not on the same side. To find one like this would be difficult, and an aftermarket double pass would be pricey. See if you can find a truck radiator, as they are usually heavy duty.

T,

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I am using a Summit aluminum one in mine. Opposing sides for the inlet and outlet but I am OK with it. I do not want any overheating :no: .

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I used one from Alumitech. Nice radiator that's stock demensions, but aluminum. He also put in a steam port for the heads. I just had to run the hose.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Affco makes a nice one, Ive scene S10 and F-body radiators both drop in, I personally know you can run a 31x19" radiator is your battery is moved, so I had Bill @ Ron Davis build me one, with two fans that will hook up to the ecm fan relays, steam hole provisions and both inlet/outlets on the passenger side...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts