Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until I started to think about how I was going to route my air intake I realized I hadn't paid much attention to what others are doing for this with all of the LS1 threads. Are you running an elbow off the TB? Did you use MAf or SD? Where are you putting the filter? Can a filter be run inline somehow or does it have to be on the terminal end? Anyone thought about trying to fab up a cold air intake like the fbody's running over the radiator?

I realize I don't have much room especially after the rad and fans are in place and it could get a little tight doing this. Looking to see what others have done. Thanks. -Bob

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Mine comes off the TB with an elbow, to the MAF, then over the radiator inlet hose, takes a 90 down and is capped with a filter. Not the best setup for heat in the intake track, but it works.

Jack

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Jack - that's kind of what I was thinking but would like to try and get the filter in front of rad support - don't know if that'll work or not.

I'd like to see pictures if you guys have any. -Bob

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
I used 4" tube, so it would be difficult to get it out front....but, if you down size the tube, you could take is the same route I did, but out the front of the radiator support, and hide the filter behind the bumper.

Jack

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
You can find rubber elbows (3") in the plumbing section of you local Lowe's or Home Depot. You will also find that a chrome 3 1/2" exhaust tip is a easy to find/cost effective option (Pep Boys). I used the breather housing from a third gen Firebird (some V6 Camaros were the same). I had assumed these to be too retrictive until I read the flow numbers for the aftermarket replacemnt filters. Check the CFM numbers at K&N's website to see if it meets your needs. I chose this because I wanted a cold air intake and an enclosed filter was the easiest way to make this work within the available space. A homemade W-30 style scoop under the front bumper is what I am using to pick up cooler outside air.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
... I used the breather housing from a third gen Firebird (some V6 Camaros were the same). ..... A homemade W-30 style scoop under the front bumper is what I am using to pick up cooler outside air.
Now this sounds something like what I wanted to do - would you mind posting some pics? -Bob

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts