Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just my two cents here.

Yes it can. It depends on what other fuel system items you are using though. I believe you would need a stand alone fuel pressure regulator and would not be able to use the stock style equipment.

I am using a custom sumped fuel tank in my conversion. I use aftermarket fuel rails and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I used a fuel cell for the first year of my swap.. The cell had a sump and a inline walbro pump and vette reg/filter and it worked fine. I changed to a sumped tank for more room in my trunk...

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Just my two cents here.

Yes it can. It depends on what other fuel system items you are using though. I believe you would need a stand alone fuel pressure regulator and would not be able to use the stock style equipment.

I am using a custom sumped fuel tank in my conversion. I use aftermarket fuel rails and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
Which regulator are you using?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I had basically the same thing as 69... Summit aluminium fuel cell in the trunk, 6 AN bradied line to a trick flow pre-filter, inline walbro 255, 'vette filter/regulator, then 3/8" hard line to the front.

I'm now running a stock tank with a tanks-inc style tray and an aeromotive stealth 340 in-tank pump (room for the future)

edit: Here's a schematic I made with the fuel cell (note your feed and return should NOT both be at the sump. I later revised it to return the fuel to an upper 6 AN bung). The Summit cell had 8 AN fittings, so I had to reduce it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Corvette filter/regulator. Remember that your pump must be capable of 255 liters per hour, and maintain 58 PSI.

T,
Will the walbro GSL392 work? If I'm not able to get the corvette filter regulator which aftermarket regulator will work?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had basically the same thing as 69... Summit aluminium fuel cell in the trunk, 6 AN bradied line to a trick flow pre-filter, inline walbro 255, 'vette filter/regulator, then 3/8" hard line to the front.

I'm now running a stock tank with a tanks-inc style tray and an aeromotive stealth 340 in-tank pump (room for the future)

edit: Here's a schematic I made with the fuel cell (note your feed and return should NOT both be at the sump. I later revised it to return the fuel to an upper 6 AN bung). The Summit cell had 8 AN fittings, so I had to reduce it.
I already have 2 1/2 alum lines ran from the back, can these be used in any way? Or are they to big?

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Will the walbro GSL392 work? If I'm not able to get the corvette filter regulator which aftermarket regulator will work?
The inlet and outlet are only 10MM on that pump, not 3/8 minimum......but the LPH and PSI are correct.

Hookem posted the part number in his drawing above. WIX 33737. Beware of Chinese substitutes for 15 dollars, they WILL fail.....WIX is about 40 bucks....

T,

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The inlet and outlet are only 10MM on that pump, not 3/8 minimum......but the LPH and PSI are correct.

Hookem posted the part number in his drawing above. WIX 33737. Beware of Chinese substitutes for 15 dollars, they WILL fail.....WIX is about 40 bucks....

T,

So my 1/2" fuel lines are to large for that pump?

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
So my 1/2" fuel lines are to large for that pump?
That pump won't work for even a 3/8 line, it will be a choke point, again, the inlet and outlet are too small at 10MM. Usually when someone runs a 1/2" line, they are making big horse power, and run dual pumps. You can use it with a single pump, but it may lead to starvation issues.....

Should the return line enter the top of the tank or bottom?
Return line should enter at the top and extend to near the bottom of the tank, into the fuel reserve, if not you will get bubbles, and could cause your pump to cavitate.

T,

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the plan was to run a 421 small block with 2 stages of nitrous but drastically changed my mind!! Ok so I'll keep the 1/2 for future up grades and run 2 more lines for this application. What size should it be for the walbro pump?

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Tom,
Is that rubber line in the pic your vent line? If so, how is your vent set up?
Yep, a rubber fuel line. There is a 1/4" NPT bung in the tank, I screwed a 1/4" to barb fitting I and used a spectre breather filter on the other end. Routed it to a high point in the rear. Works like a champ, and get no fuel smell from it.

T,

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know most change over to the car intake and uses a different fuel rails with a remote return and filter combo. I'm using the truck intake and rails. It appears that the truck rails uses a return built in the rails. Is the right?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You only need one 3/8" line to the front. Mount the filter/regulator back at the tank, to shorten the reeturn path and save some money, there is no need for two lines, see the picture I attached for some idea on the fuel setup.

T,
I see Russell offer 2 different style fittings. Which did you use?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts