Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 68 nova with a 5.3 and th400 combo. I plan to swap it to the LS t56 with hydraulic slave, I have the mounting plate for the master. My main problem is I dont know witch pedals to get of the stock ones for a nova. I am not sure if I need the whole bracket with the brake and clutch pedal or if I can just buy the pedals and remove my current brake pedal and connect the new to the bracket that is already there. Know once that is done I am guessing weld a small tad to the pedal for the master or will it connect to the stock location. Thanks for any help or info anyone can give or links with pictures would be great also.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The brake and clutch pedal mount on the brace from the firewall to the dash.The one in your car should work fine.Just take the clip off the end of the shaft and the master cyl.rod loose from the pedal and slide it out.When you take the brake and clutch pedal out of the straight shift car its the same thing,just get all the springs and bushings that go with it.You will probably have to weld a tab on after you see where it needs to go to be in line with your clutch master.You will probably need to make a travel limiter so you dont push the rod in too far.If you dont have an adjustible clutch master I would make the rod adjustible while you are doing it,makes it easier to adjust to the length you need it to be.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes that's pretty much all you will need.You really don't need the brace that the pedals are attached to but you will get all the clips and bushings you need with that.The installation is a little harder to install that unit because you will have to remove that firewall brace (the peice that the pedals are attached to)that is in your car now and replace it with your new one with the clutch pedal.You will have to drop the steering colum and take the master cyl/brake booster bolts out.These same bolts attach your firewall brace to the car.If I were you I would just buy the pedal assy.just to the right for $69.95,You have the same brace on your car now and the pedals will attach to it.Looks like it has the clips and bushings in the picture.Much easier installation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts