Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Burke posted this as a link to another forum:yes: I thought I'd make a thread here on SNS:yes:

LS engine oil pans - all of them

Hummer H3 5.3: 19212593

Capacity: 5.5 qts
Oil pan: 12614821
Oil pump pickup: 12608593
Windage tray: 12611129 (same as c/k truck)
Dipstick tube: 12584738
Dipstick: 12603506

LS2 Corvette:

Pan - 12598186
Screen - 12558750
Gasket - 12580672
Tube - 12570787
Dipstick - 12570788

LS1 F-Body:

Holden:

GTO:

Trailblazer SS and 5.3:

Truck, Escalade, etc: 4.8, 5.3, 6.0

2007 Truck with filter:

Moroso: Gen 1 camaro ls1/6

Turbotime:

Autokraft:

Autokraft Gen 1 camaro ls1/2 swap pan:

Canton LS1 swap pan: 5 -1/2" Deep, 8 -3/4" Long, 12 -1/12" Wide sump, For a 6 -1/2 quart sytem capacity.

CTSV:

RetroLSx Pan: 5.5" deep sump with a 5qt capacity. This pan comes with a new custom pick up tube and a baffling plate (not shown) that controls oil in the pan. The stock LH8 windage tray is to be used with this unit but is not included. It uses a stock GM filter. This pan has the same thick 3/8 flange that’s on GM units for a pan that will add block rigidity unlike stamped swap pans. In comparison, the LH8 pan has a sump that is 7.5" deep.

Mast Pan: 5.5" deep sump, 8.84" long sump

2010 Camaro 6.2 oil Pan P/N 12622559

Holley LSx Pan:

5.89 in. Deep - Sump Length 7.65 in. - Sump Width 9.75 in. - 6 Quart Capacity

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the #12599805 and it's not in this list or the one that was previously mentioned. I believe it is 2007 and up oem truck applications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
GMPP oil pan

What about the GM PERFORMANCE PARTS pan? Part number 19212593? Seems like a good option for everyone here doing a conversion? It's designed by GM for the old RWD muscle cars and much more affordable then any of the Holley autokraft and such. It's even cheaper than most used F-body pans. And it includes pickup, windage tray, bolts and dipstick from pace performance for only $150 plus shipping? Jegs offers for 145 but you don't get a pickup with it. Has anyone had any experience with this pan?

·
Registered
73 Posts
its just a LH8 hummer pan. fairly deep sump if I remember correctly. Probably fine if youre going to run stock height car, not so great for a slammed rig though.

·
Registered
303 Posts
With the got pan, do you know if it will work in a stock 63 front clip with factory power steering an the cop mini sub frame? Thanks guys. I've tried searching but came up empty handing with finding anyone doing the sway with the factory ps. That or I'm just blind an didn't see anything :D

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the got pan, do you know if it will work in a stock 63 front clip with factory power steering an the cop mini sub frame? Thanks guys. I've tried searching but came up empty handing with finding anyone doing the sway with the factory ps. That or I'm just blind an didn't see anything :D
It fits perfect on my wagon with CPP lowers but I have manual steering:yes: you can come over and look at it if you want:yes::D

·
Registered
303 Posts
It fits perfect on my wagon with CPP lowers but I have manual steering:yes: you can come over and look at it if you want:yes::D

Lol thanks man. I've had my motor for awhile an i think it's time for my car to go under the knife again this winter. Wanna do the motor an mini tub with a 4 link. Back on topic tho how's the clearance on your steering?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol thanks man. I've had my motor for awhile an i think it's time for my car to go under the knife again this winter. Wanna do the motor an mini tub with a 4 link. Back on topic tho how's the clearance on your steering?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
loads of room:yes: It looks like the GTO pan was specifically designed for a Nova:yes::D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 62 Nova hardtop and will be doing a LS swap. I just bought the short block. :) So I see that a concern is the oil pan. I am probably going to replace the stock suspension with a mustang II front. That being said, I see mention of GTO oil pan working. I found this on JEGs and wondered if any one with the 1st gens have used it. The price is about half of what I am seeing for the GTO pan.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Chevrolet-Performance/Chevrolet-Performance-LS-Muscle-Car-Oil-Pan-Kit/1221210/10002/-1

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a 62 Nova hardtop and will be doing a LS swap. I just bought the short block. :) So I see that a concern is the oil pan. I am probably going to replace the stock suspension with a mustang II front. That being said, I see mention of GTO oil pan working. I found this on JEGs and wondered if any one with the 1st gens have used it. The price is about half of what I am seeing for the GTO pan.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Chevrolet-Performance/Chevrolet-Performance-LS-Muscle-Car-Oil-Pan-Kit/1221210/10002/-1
That pan won't work with anything with rack & pinion steering in the front of the crossmember, in other words it won't work with 95% of the mustang II front clips. The only option for mustang II clips is either the 4th gen f-body Camaro/Trans-am oil pan or go with an aftermarket pan (which is lots of $$$$, like a few hundred more $$$$). Unless you're drag racing or going with autocross, the f-body pan is your best bet. And if you don't feel like waiting a long time to try and score a complete oil pan kit on craigslist (which is nearly impossible now) then you should just pony up and get a complete kit on ebay. And remember, the pan gaskets are about $30-$50 depending on where you go, so a pan on craigslist will need a new gasket.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Any way to break this down by generation?

Which pans best fit 1st gens, 2nd gens, 3rd gens, 4th gens, etc.

I'm getting ready to do a 5.3 swap into a 72, so I'm in the middle of researching these very types of things.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about the GM PERFORMANCE PARTS pan? Part number 19212593? Seems like a good option for everyone here doing a conversion? It's designed by GM for the old RWD muscle cars and much more affordable then any of the Holley autokraft and such. It's even cheaper than most used F-body pans. And it includes pickup, windage tray, bolts and dipstick from pace performance for only $150 plus shipping? Jegs offers for 145 but you don't get a pickup with it. Has anyone had any experience with this pan?
I was looking into this pan set up as well for my LS swap. Anyone have any experience with this part number???

1 - 20 of 91 Posts