Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend is in the process of installing a LS3 crate motor in his stock front end 65 wagon. Changed the oil pan to a front sump GTO style and used a set of motor mount adapter plates from Speedway. Motor fit perfect and cleared nicely. Had a local guy fab a set of headers, 1 5/8" tubes, says they go in and out, no hassle, with motor in place. Anxious to see it, he's sending pics, if there is any interest I'll post them.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Friend is in the process of installing a LS3 crate motor in his stock front end 65 wagon. Changed the oil pan to a front sump GTO style and used a set of motor mount adapter plates from Speedway. Motor fit perfect and cleared nicely. Had a local guy fab a set of headers, 1 5/8" tubes, says they go in and out, no hassle, with motor in place. Anxious to see it, he's sending pics, if there is any interest I'll post them.
I'm interested. You should tell your local fab guy that he'd make a lot of money if he could produce those headers on some sort of regular basis. How much were the headers to get made?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am also interested in any info you might get on this. I have a 67 and want to keep the stockfront metal, but would like to go with an LS motor. From what little research I have done, it sounds like the LS is too wide for the factory front clip? Currently have an empty engine bay with a four bolt 350 sitting on the floor. Would rather put my $ and time in an LS if it will fit well.

MTNNOVA

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
I am also interested in any info you might get on this. I have a 67 and want to keep the stockfront metal, but would like to go with an LS motor. From what little research I have done, it sounds like the LS is too wide for the factory front clip? Currently have an empty engine bay with a four bolt 350 sitting on the floor. Would rather put my $ and time in an LS if it will fit well.

MTNNOVA
It will fit you just have to make your own headers, and use the GTO oil pan.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here are a few pics. The headers were $1500 and the guy didn't make a jig, they look like a nitemare but they slip in from the bottom in about 5 min. My friend wanted equal length tubes, thus the loop d loop. Its really tight coming out of cylinders 2 and 4. There is an extra inch clearance on the drivers side, due to the the motors unequal dimensions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
they look great. he would definitely get some business if he marketed them, even in this economy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts