Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, I need no know what oil pan will clear a TCI front clip using Church Boys motor adapter plates:yes:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone have any experience with the GM Performance "muscle car pan"????
looks like it gives more clearance than the F body pan:yes: and it's $149 new:yes:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
anyone have any experience with the GM Performance "muscle car pan"????
looks like it gives more clearance than the F body pan:yes: and it's $149 new:yes:
You do not want the muscle car pan. I have already been down that road. It hangs too low and it hits the rack.

Let me do a search of my thread and I'll get you pics of both pans installed.

Do you have the front or rear sway bar? If it's the rear I believe you will need to change to the front mount. Or saw up and weld a pan.:bored:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Scroll down in this post and you will see pics of the "Muscle" car pan. I don't think 2-3" of ground clearance for the unprotected oil pan is very cool.:no:

Check out this post for the Camaro pan.:cool: It fits great!

Man for a Coupe I sure seem to have lots of Posts in it.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend has a Camaro pan that I can use for mock up but I think I will have to either relocate the sway bar or notch the pan.

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
I am using a Camaro pan. I am doing this now. I am out of town but will be home Sunday. I will send you the part number. It came with the pan, baffle, pickup tube, gasket etc.
Pat

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Camaro pan! Fit's great on my late-2010 TCI front clip. Did they move the sway bars on newer ones?

·
Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,051 Posts
You need the front mount sway bar, and the F-body pan fits great. I had the same problem,mine had the rear sway bar. I had had my clip for a year or so before I installed the motor,and realized the sway bar wouldn't work in the rear.So I called TCI to see what they could do, to my surprise they said no problem we'll swap it out for free. They sent the new one, and said put the old one in the same box and return it,they even payed for all the shipping:yes:
I don't think you can ask for better customer service than that.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You need the front mount sway bar, and the F-body pan fits great. I had the same problem,mine had the rear sway bar. I had had my clip for a year or so before I installed the motor,and realized the sway bar wouldn't work in the rear.So I called TCI to see what they could do, to my surprise they said no problem we'll swap it out for free. They sent the new one, and said put the old one in the same box and return it,they even payed for all the shipping:yes:
I don't think you can ask for better customer service than that.
I'll try calling them on Monday and see what happens, I've had my clip for a while :(

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you wanna get hardcore, TCI told me the Milidon roadrace oil pan will work as well. It's what i'm using on my swap. My motor isn't here yet, so i can't comment on the fit yet sorry. I have the new PT clip with front swaybar.

Edit, Milodon 31507 will fit.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MIL-31507/

You'll have about 1/4" clearance between the bottom of the pan at the front and the power steering rack.

Using TCI LS1 conversion mounts. Sorry i don't have CBR mounts to try out. So i'm not sure on them.
6.0L LS2 alloy block.
TCI Torque Arm rear clip
TCI Transmission crossmember
Kelpro MT8008 transmission mount (don't know what this is in an american part no. sorry)

All my measurements have around 1/4" to 1/2" clearance
Block to top of crossmember is 3"
Bellhousing to back of crossmember is 12"
Block to bottom of crossmember is 5 1/4"
Block to power steering rack lines is around 1 7/8" NO EXTRA CLEARANCE HERE. You might squeeze in 2".
Front of block to back of rack is 3"
Width betweeen lower suspension arms is 20"
Front of block to swaybar is 2 1/2"

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used the stock pan that was on the 98 Camaro motor and tranny I put in my 63 wagon. I used a TCI front end and stainless works headers and church boys mounts. I had about i/2 inch in front and across the top of the crossmember.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts