Chevy Nova Forum banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I was trying to have 10 post so I could view images. I am not sure why this site requires that. As for the 15 inch wheels. I mocked it all up yesterday. It seems that all I need to do is mill down the cooling fins maybe about an inch back. Has anyone milled these down and will it have any affect on the braking performance? They wont have to be completely milled off.

·
Super Moderator
12,001 Posts
I would advise against modifying the caliper in any way. They have been engineered to work as designed, removing material from the ribs will most likely result in a catastrophic failure of which you may be liable for damages or injuries.

·
Vendor
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Philip is correct, you should NOT be milling anything off of the caliper. With a drum spindle you will bolt the bracket up using only the lower mounting hole, slide the top up toward its mounting....there will most likely be some interference. You will be able to see just how much material off of the top mounting boss that needs to be removed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong... I can purchase a Powerstop front and rear brake kit for a 98 to 02 Camaro/TA and bolt them on my 67. I would just need the following:

CBR bracket
Modified front drum hubs (milled to 5.870)
Rear flange spacers
Park brake cables (custom perhaps)
~1/4" longer wheel studs (can you go 1/2" or are these 7/16" studs?)
All mounting hardware of course

I have modified (milled boss) drum spindles now but thinking of adding 2"drop spindles from CPP. Otherwise I will need a spacers for the mounting boss

Couple of questions, what seems to be the best option for the park brake cables? Length and purchase options?

Are folks replacing their dust shields? Specifically for the rear? Can you use the shields from a Camaro as well?

As for brakes hoses, guess I'll need to wait and see on length and what would best work for my setup, length and routing and all.

I've been asking a lot of questions lately. I appreciate everything I've learned from this forum, all of the responses I've received and would like to say thank you. I really need to start contributing :)

141 - 148 of 148 Posts