Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Vendor
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
68.00$ shipped to your door. Fits GM spindles 63-74 allows you to mount 98-02 F-body calipers to your drum or disc spindles. Not all brackets are created equal! Our brackets have been re-designed to properly clock the caliper when using drop spindles. This keeps the caliper from contacting the upper control arm.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Combine those with the calipers and rotors that are available everywhere for cheap and you have a reasonably priced 12 inch brake kit.:D

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
It will work on stock or drop spindles,drum brake spindles will need to have the upper boss milled down slightly.You need to machine down the outer diameter of the stock drum hub and then all the front brake parts from a 98-02 Camaro bolt right on.Minimal track width change and 12 inch brakes.Does require 17 inch wheels though.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
It will work on stock or drop spindles,drum brake spindles will need to have the upper boss milled down slightly.You need to machine down the outer diameter of the stock drum hub and then all the front brake parts from a 98-02 Camaro bolt right on.Minimal track width change and 12 inch brakes.Does require 17 inch wheels though.
Just a question about the 17" wheels. I know my Trans Am came from the factory with 16" wheels and the same brakes, has anybody tried to fit a 16" wheel?

·
Vendor
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is easier to go with the 17" and not have to worry as much. When trying to fit the 16" you will have to be very specific on fitment or you may end up with rims and tires that will not bolt up.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
When trying to fit the 16" you will have to be very specific on fitment or you may end up with rims and tires that will not bolt up.
I had a 17 inch wheel on my car(not the Nova). NO problems. I purchased a different 17 inch wheel. For some reason the inside of the new 17 inch rim CRASHED with the caliper. No issues with the first wheel. But the second wheel would not work. ALL WHEELS are not created equal.

If Chuck suggests to use a 17 inch I would not even try to fit a 16 inch wheel.

Bryan

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THIS IS GOOD, REALLY GOOD CHUCK, :thumbsup: AND REASONABLY PRICED.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO THE BACK, DOES THIS BRACKET WORK FOR THE BACK OR IS THERE SOME OTHER METHOD? :confused:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The rear ls backing plates and calipers bolt on with a small spacer between the backing plate and axle flange. Even easier than the front :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just throwing it out there, the guy I bought my motor from had an 01 Camaro running 15" wheels with the stock brakes. He did grind down the calipers, I have them so I'll try and post pics when I get a chance. Here are some 15" wheels the LS guys use that require no grinding or spacers, Weld RT-S. Prob some crazy small backspacing tho.

I like the quote above, ALL WHEELS are not created equal:)

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
This is so true,this is why I have a complete LS front brake setup and some 1/4 wheel spacers.I read that some f-body guys are getting 15-3.5 or 15-4 wheels on thier cars but they will NOT work with the offset of mine.

·
Vendor
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes the CBR brackets will work with the drop spindle. We have positioned the caliper to allow proper clearance to the upper control arms. Mustang....sorry.

The Spindles were an effort with a larger manufacture with the capabilities to get castings made. When they were not correctly made it sort of took the wind out of their sales.

Currently to get the 2" drop we can provide a coil over kit that will automatically drop the car 2" with a small amount of adjustment either way from there.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Bolts are not included:eek: the allens to mount the abutment to the CBR bracket are 10x1.50 and available and most larger hardware stores.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Silly question. Is there a place they can be purchased. I can't find them on your website or your dealers.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts