Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been gathering parts for this build for awhile now so here is the list so far.

63 Chevy II wagon 100 series

Engine
2010 5.3 LS Aluminum Block
799 Cylinder heads
Small Howard's cam
DOD Delete
F-body oil pan
CTS-V serpentine setup

Transmission
2006 GTO 4l60e
Rebuilt with upgraded internals
3200 stall Circle D

Suspension and wheels
All CBR components front and rear
DSE Minitubs
Moser 9" with Wavtrac
Weld RT-S wheels
18x9 front, 18x10 rear
265/35/18 front, 295/35/18 rear

Speartech wiring harness
Dakota Digital Gauges
Vintage Air AC

The car needed floor pans so I've already had them replaced. I've been in contact with TomM on here about helping with the build. He has been a big help already.

I'll try and figure out on posting pictures and add them. 20180224_174403_1554570040561.png 20180224_174403_1554570040561.png

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well have some updates on the build subframe connectors are in, triangulated CBR 4-link brackets, new wiring harness for the car installed, master cylinder installed, and some of the brake lines are done. Waiting on the Moser 9 inch and brakes for the rear plus everything for the frontend.

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
So the patina mobile hit the rack. First order of business was to get it stripped down and ready for install. Before I removed the rear suspension, I welded in the frame stiffeners and the 4-link brackets while keeping the weight on the rear of the car. Also welded in torque boxes and sub frame connectors.

Brackets welded in and stock differential removed..

New CBR sub frame connectors installed

In addition, we are doing a mini tub using DSE tubs. Pretty much the finished product, install was same as coupe or sedan, no secrets here...

Prepped the firewall to make ready for new CBR front end....

Interesting find.....see if you can make out what it says....hint, has something to do with interior of car...

All primed and ready to go....

A little brake line action....all stainless, -3AN throughout.

SO that gets us to here....CBR Supplied Moser spec fabricated 9" rear end, shortened 2" each side with Wilwood 13" 6 piston caliper brakes....295 tires on back.

And sittin' on the ground. Just preliminary settings right now. Will set ride height, wheel base and center up once I get all the weight on the car.

That gets us to today, feel free to ask any questions....

T,

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
Is that a brake line going thru your rear coil over?
Actually not running "through it", the hose is just clocked wrong. Was rough installed from Moser. Will be all clear when I am done...

Looking great like always Tom. Do the heiroglyphics read Fawn? What system for the brakes?
Winner....yes it does, car had fawn interior, pretty cool if you ask me.... Will be Wilwood 13" 6 piston all the way around....

T,

·
Premium Member
3,863 Posts
I looked at the pictures of the wagon before you started the restoration.

My first thought was that the wagon was beyond repair.

Now see what you have accomplished and marvel at your handiwork.

I applaud you !!

Lou

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
I looked at the pictures of the wagon before you started the restoration.

My first thought was that the wagon was beyond repair.

Now see what you have accomplished and marvel at your handiwork.

I applaud you !!

Lou
Thanks Lou.....actually the car is pretty solid. Mostly surface rust. Jimmy did have a floor pan installed, but everything in the back is good...needs a couple of small patches on the exterior in the usual places.....should be a runner...

T,

·
Registered
605 Posts
As usual, nice work Tom. Besides fit and finish what do you feel sets the new CBR clip apart from any other quality clip?

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
As usual, nice work Tom. Besides fit and finish what do you feel sets the new CBR clip apart from any other quality clip?
[/Q
All the hardware was labeled and in the box, didn't have to hunt for it.

The connections are interference fit, no cutting grinding or "fitting" the parts as it were.....

Didn't even need the instructions, the assembly was pretty academic...

Look at the last photo and tell me what you notice the most......

T,

·
Registered
293 Posts
Very nice build Tom. I like the adjustable upper and lower control arms and it looks like three positions for the upper shock mounts. What about the down tube supports from the upper firewall?

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
Very nice build Tom. I like the adjustable upper and lower control arms and it looks like three positions for the upper shock mounts. What about the down tube supports from the upper firewall?
Didn't install those, car is headed off to paint so they would be coming off anyways. Don't anticipate any problems with them though...

T,

·
Registered
820 Posts
seeing the outside, first thought was the firewall sub-frame mounting location would be all rusted out. but it's not! impressive find, that surface rust was sneaky.

love the build, great work. eagerly watching.

-Rusty

·
Super Moderator
12,022 Posts
Tom did the wagon load floor support brace interfere with the placement of the upper shock mount bar? I was looking at my wagon and it seems it is right where the the shock mount bar needs to be.

I like the mini tubs, how will that affect the back seat fitment and operation.

Thanks, Philip

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
Tom did the wagon load floor support brace interfere with the placement of the upper shock mount bar? I was looking at my wagon and it seems it is right where the the shock mount bar needs to be.

I like the mini tubs, how will that affect the back seat fitment and operation.

Thanks, Philip
No, it sets right against the edge of the brace. The brace does not need to be modified, just snug it up against it and you are good to go...

T,

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,934 Posts
Hi TomM . . . . . All very much 1st class . . . made me wonder - after those 1st pictures , sitting in th' grass .

Kinda makes me want a 'wagon' . .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts