1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got ls motor 2006 model with 7.800 miles friend of mine brought in 2007
from almost new Silverado that was wrecked in back .got ever thing with it
including 4l60e it is dbw got computer petal and all accessories complete
going in 68 nova. thinking about using dirty dingo mounts but know I have the change oil pan have done reading on forums but like holley but to much
will probably buy stand alone harness what is best headers to use that are not real high and suggestions and any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
160 Posts
Sounds fun, you'll be better off finding one manufacturer to buy your major components from and sticking with them. For example, buying your motor mounts, trans cross member and headers from the same company. This may cost a little more for some components but I can assure you you'll save money and hassle in the long run. Holley probably has one of the most comprehensive product lines to choose from and they've done a good job keeping things affordable. I can also tell you not to just go low bid on the headers. I've seen so many people try to buy the cheapest headers they can find only to have fitment or ground clearance issues and end up buying better, more expensive headers. In the end they've spent as much or more then what they would've had they bought it right the first time.
If your car's a 68 Nova you should check out Mast Motorsports' oil pan. It offers better clearance then the Holley pans and still utilizes cast aluminum construction like the factory pans. It'll work fine with any headers that would've worked with the Holley pan as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oil pan

just got holley 302-3 pan it is a nice pan but cost dollars but friend of mine has chevolet performance pan in 1968 camaro and it was to low for me

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have the Holley pan and I made the mounts hang the pan level with the crossmember, I run stock manifolds (I tried so many I don’t even know which ones I used) and the pan is great quality. I wanted to run Holleys LS manifolds but clearing the steering box was not going to happen, when I upgrade to a rack the Holley manifolds are going on. I also have their ac compressor bracket and that’s really nice too.
I agree that sticking with one manufacturer for the components is the smart choice for fitment purposes. It doesn’t take much height difference in the mounts to affect header fitment. Happy building.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
need to know what manifold beside truck will work with truck accessories engine is 2006 5.3 truck don't like looks of truck and afraid off hood clearance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts