Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I usually don't post but I read a lot. I have a 71 Ventura and I am setting ride height. Does anyone have lowered measurements from the fender lips to the ground? Also the subframe is higher in the back than the front. Do people level them?

I know I can put it where I want but I'm looking for a little reassurance.

I lowered the rear and the lip is lower than the front but there is still a pretty good rake, lower in the front on the subframe and rocker, with my angle finder.

I am going for the level look.
Thanks for the help!

Bill

·
Registered
167 Posts
My suspension has been changed to coilover's on all four corner's and ladder bars in rear. I can't go any lower due to tunnel would have to be raised. I did remove pinon snubber also The car sit about 1" lower than my avatar pic. In the pic the car is about 24" all four corners

Hope these help
Just did some quick measurement

center of front fender wheel opening to ground 22 1/2 "
center of rear quarter opening to ground 23"

subframe bolt up under seat i'm at about 4"
subframe bolt cowl 3" this is the lowest spot of subframe.

Has a good rake. I liked it better when front and rear opening were the same. Will raise front to 23" to match back one day.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Assembly manuals have the factory spec heights. That would be you best reference to know where your car is from it's intended height. The rear lip sits lower the the front as per design, because the front wheel need to clear the fenders while turning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts