Chevy Nova Forum banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
135° should work better than 120° and less total fixed loss for flow too. Tidy is relative to eyes, flow is relative to HP... :p just my $0.02.. LOL. Glad things showed up!! Can't wait to see the -12/-8 comparison.. I'll have fuel line envy :cry::cry::cry::p

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Well, I stopped by the machine shop again last night and my block is finally on his workbench. He also got the heavy metal in to balance the crank but the old guy that comes in to do his balance jobs is out with a torn up knee. Apparently he had to get it drained and the owner isn't sure when he'll be back. If it's going to be a while he said he'd balance it himself.

In other news the plan for this weekend is to finish up the wiring in the back of the car, get the lowering blocks in, and finish the return side plumbing on the fuel system. Maybe even put the back bumper on if we have time. Doesn't sound like much but that will likely ruin a saturday and I've gotta keep the wife happy and spend time with her on sunday. Also, that's about all the parts we have to work on until we the engine back from the machine shop. Then we can start working on it and mock up the trans to get a measurement for a driveshaft.

That's all I've got for now, look for some progress pictures soon.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
This weekend we made some more progress, I think we're quickly catching up to the machine shop. My dad was working skeletonizing the rear bumper bracket while I was working on suspension and fuel lines. He managed to shave over 6lbs off the car between the two brackets and got them painted. I got the correct lowering blocks installed along with the new "U" bolts. Then I worked on the -8 bypass line and got it buttoned up. After that I ran the tire screws into the wheels. About the time I was finishing up with the tire screws the bumper brackets were dry and we worked on mounting the new rear bumper up. Then finally we got the rear fuse panel mounted and started working on the wiring a little bit before the sun caught up to us and ambition ran out.

Calvert lowering blocks are nice pieces, but not light although they do have some holes machined in them to save some weight.
Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

You can see how the bypass line routing is a little tricky but I think it's going to clear everything just fine.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Auto part

Hood Automotive tire Tire Bumper Gas

The -8 sure makes the -12 look big. But we have room to grow into the fuel lines if we make more power in the future. Plus the PTFE lines should last a LONG time.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

I may or may not be obsessed with woven wire sleeves. I really like how this stuff looks over convoluted tubing.

Pliers Hand tool Metalworking hand tool Wire stripper Nipper

And finally the rear bumper is back on and you can kind of see how the car is sitting lower in the back. I forgot to take a picture while it was on the ground, I put it back on jack stands to work on the wiring in the trunk.

Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Premium Member
1972 6 Cylinder Dragster :)
385 Posts
@xxdabroxx it's ultra sexy. I've been eyeballing your rear suspension setup because that's not too far off for me. I got the stock height springs and unless I'm mistaken the springs sit directly on the perch without a pad or anything in my use case. I just love what you're doing. By far my favorite build thread because what you're doing is what I'd really love to do with my car. Love the updates.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
@xxdabroxx it's ultra sexy. I've been eyeballing your rear suspension setup because that's not too far off for me. I got the stock height springs and unless I'm mistaken the springs sit directly on the perch without a pad or anything in my use case. I just love what you're doing. By far my favorite build thread because what you're doing is what I'd really love to do with my car. Love the updates.
Thanks! Yes, you're diff pads will sit directly on your leaf springs unless you want to lower it. If you do end up going lower I'd recommend the Calvert lowering blocks, they are well made. Just screw up and order the 9/16" pin ones like I did.

Well my dad sent me a text last night and our tires that held air so well for months are going flat overnight. I have a feeling the tire screws are making a gap between the wheel and the rim so I've got to take them back out, inflate the tires some more, put a little silicone on the screws and reinstall them. Hopefully that fixes it. I don't mind airing them up every week or two but overnight is a bit rediculous.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts