Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking for some experienced folks here. I'm running an LS3 in a TCI front clip with a manual steering rack.

I'm looking for a low mount alternator and A/C compressor system. No power steering pump.

Does anyone have experience with this articular combo? If so, what low-mount accessory drive are you using? Any clearance issues with the front frame rails or steering rack?

The Holley low-mount looks like it will work after taking some measurements, but would like to hear from those with experience.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I were doing it over I'd use the Holley mid mount setup. Slickest setup out there imo.
I don’t like how high the compressor and alternator are with the mid mount. I want them both as out of sight as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I went to both sites because sometime in the far future I am going to be looking for a set up for my ride. I don't see any of them that don't include PS?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went to both sites because sometime in the far future I am going to be looking for a set up for my ride. I don't see any of them that don't include PS?
Another company to check out is Dirty Dingo. Once you figure the balancer spacing. You can piece together a set up. Alan Grove makes a low mount ac bracket as well. These two companies make a function over fashion type bracket.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
This is 05-06 Ls2 GTO front end accessory drive .
Its the TCI PRO TOURING front clip. Ac fits in lower passenger side space. Factory compressor wont, but im using a Sanden sd7b10 mini compressor snd a kwik performance mounting kit. Iirc, dirty ding ac mount kit works too
Screenshot_20190309-194323.png

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is 05-06 Ls2 GTO front end accessory drive .
Its the TCI PRO TOURING front clip. Ac fits in lower passenger side space. Factory compressor wont, but im using a Sanden sd7b10 mini compressor snd a kwik performance mounting kit. Iirc, dirty ding ac mount kit works too View attachment 401469
That’s perfect, thank you. Got a decent amount of feedback from the FB groups also. Looks like Dirty Dingo may be the route that’s best for me. Low mount a/c plus mini compressor, and low mount alternator bracket.

Going to call them tomorrow...if they’re open.

·
Registered
586 Posts
You can make a low mount work. I used the Alan Grove bracket which is made for the sanden sd5 and I used the smaller sd7b10. It's the same compressor Vintage Air uses with the Front Runner setup. I had to make my own upper bracket. I had to notch the lower bracket as it hit my power rack lines. I like the clean look but knowing what I've learned I'd definitely without a doubt use the new Holley mid mount.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Read through my build thread. I started it several years ago but all the AC plumbing and stuff has been done recently. I hid my lines in between the inner and outer fender using Eaton ez-clip fittings and hose. Not cheap but very easy to work with and much more flexible than other hose types.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for the input guys. Talked with Charles from dirty dingo yesterday, he was very helpful. He told me low-mount ac compressors won’t work due to me using their slider motor mounts as they occupy the same space the compressor does.

He gave me a few different options for mid mount stuff, but basically said low mount ac isn’t an option.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you had there(dirty dingo) double D mounts it would work. Straight bolt in probably not.
He mentioned that briefly yesterday, but never expanded on it. Just shot him a note for more details on them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I’ve decided to just go with the Holley mid mount. I’ve seen some engine bays with it and the placement of the AC/alternator aren’t really that bad. I can live with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts