Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to use a low mount alternator. My problem is with the 327 has the motor tie down straps, I guess that's what they're called. Anyway, my problem is where the alternator would mount, I won't be able to connect that side with the strap because of the alternator. I guess the straps are necessary to keep the motor from twisting. Anybody have a suggestion. Thanks Roger

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
If you're talking about a (mostly) stock application, the strap was a warranty fix from GM for the rubber on the motor mounts failing. You a) probably don't need it, and b) can install the improved design motor mount that has the interlocking tabs on it. Either way, you can take the strap off.

If you're talking about a really evil wicked mean and nasty engine with major RPM launches, leave the strap where it is.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Replace the motor mounts with High Energy mounts. GM problem solved. I use the low mount from Modern Performance, Rudy can help you. I do use the strap and it barely touches the spacer on the mount.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're talking about a (mostly) stock application, the strap was a warranty fix from GM for the rubber on the motor mounts failing. You a) probably don't need it, and b) can install the improved design motor mount that has the interlocking tabs on it. Either way, you can take the strap off.

If you're talking about a really evil wicked mean and nasty engine with major RPM launches, leave the strap where it is.
Talked to a buddy today and he told me the same thing. Anyway, I have a mild 327. Sounds good though. Thanks for everybodys input. Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts