Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few cars with low mount accessory brackets. I am trying to locate someone who manufactures these. Anyone running a setup like this. I saw a Chevy II at the Nova Nationals in Kississimee this year with both the alternator and A/C on low mount brackets. Very clean look. I would like to do the same thing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nnn

Mines been on the car 5 years. Came from NNN. Len

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Low mount brackets

I have been looking at brackets from Alan Grove company www.alangrovecomponents.com They make some really nice stuff. I want a lower driver side alternator bracket and a lower passenger side air conditioning compressor bracket. They make several versions of each and the price is not too bad for the quality. I'm trying to kepe all of the accesory stuff low and out of sight:D

I hope this helps
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just what I was looking for. Thank you. I love this site.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I just ordered my lower mount big block alternator bracket from Alan Grove last week. Ordered it on Thursday and it was on my porch Monday. Great guys to deal with, took the time to explain different alternators and what I needed. Ordered directly from them. Got my vote.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
63novass said:
contact info for these folks if you could please? thanks
I have a low mount bracket from Rudy as well- very simple and low profile. His number is 1-800-457-NOVA and he is located in Orange, CA. I dont think he has a website.

·
Registered
259 Posts
This is the March setup we used on our '66. Very happy with it and it uses a serpentine belt, nice and compact. You do have to use a short water pump though.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Yeah march pulley's are pretty nice,I was looking to get the pulley setup from black mountain precision...Look's awesome for decent $$$

·
Registered
787 Posts
Here is the low mount March on mine. The A/C cover is off in this photo, as I was doing some work, and had to remove it.
Its been on for 16 months now, and no issues at all. Thats about 8,000 miles, and I have not even had to tighten the belt.
Here is a couple of angles on it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the info and pics.

Perhaps a silly question, but is MARCH the same as the contact # in this thread?

(Only eccesory I have is a ALT. Running a electric fan and pump)

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
I do like the way the low mounts clean everything up....very cool :cool:.....I just have one question....does mounting your alt closer to the road like that cause it to pick up more road dust/grime.....possibly shorting its life??? Just wondering:)

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
63novass said:
Thanks for the info and pics.

Perhaps a silly question, but is MARCH the same as the contact # in this thread?

(Only eccesory I have is a ALT. Running a electric fan and pump)
No- Rudy's bracket is different. Its VERY simple, inexpensive, and you use a standard V-belt setup. Here is a pic- not the best but you can see the bracket. It is moon shaped and very low profile- you hardly know its there.

·
Registered
710 Posts
68SSGrandpa - that's great looking setup you have. I sent you a PM with a question so as not to hijack this thread.

JTW

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is the March setup we used on our '66. Very happy with it and it uses a serpentine belt, nice and compact. You do have to use a short water pump though.

Who makes the altenator bracket set-up on this car, and wil it work with the stock front end? I see you have a rack and pinion steering set up and wasn't sure if the bracket was to low and would hit the stock cross member? If it is a March bracket as well what is the part #? Thanks this is exactly what I want to do for mine with the serpentine belt and low mount altenator.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Anybody know of a good bracket to rev mount the alt? I mean turn it so the rear of the alt is facing forward? It needs to be low mounted also. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts