Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am trying to put a muncie 4 speed in my 63 nova and I cant find the kits anywhere. I have found linkage kits for 68 novas and up....just wonderingif they sell one for the 1st gen. I have a zz4 350 and it has the powerslush in it right now....thanks stew

·
Registered
96 Posts
The shifter fits directly to the Muncie tail housing so the linkage kits should be the same shouldnt they?

The year would probably affect which Muncie you had - one with stud mounted shift levers or one with (later) bolt mounted shift levers.

·
Registered
140 Posts
@BLWNOVA_WA
I think 63350muncie is not referring to the shifter, he rather needs a third pedal... :)

@63350muncie

Are you running headders?

Regards from overseas,

Boris

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
No vendor sells a kit, so you will have to piece it together. Some parts are sold new like the z-bar, clutch fork and brackets but things such as the bellhousing, clutch pedal and the linkage rods I believe are not.

·
Registered
37 Posts
4 speed shifter

Hurst makes a shifter for the 4 speed,i have one on a cast iron 4 speed and it worked good when it was in the car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I did mean the clutch linkage not the transmission linkage thanks though. Yes I am running headers, Yeah I kinda thought That I was going to have to just find the parts but I was hopeing that they made a kit, so what i have found is, peddals, zbar, clutch through firewall linkage, lower linkage to throw out fork....Is that it or am I missing anything else? I already have a bellhousing and flywheel and starter.....thanks guys.

·
Registered
681 Posts
You just need the return spring, and the long rod with hooks on either end of it to link the spring to the end of the clutch linkage.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
the bellhousing has to be for a chevy2 nova. the clutch fork location is different than all other chevys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so I just had a thought. Since this setup seems to take up a lot of space how hard would it be to go with a cable/hydrolic setup? or is it not at all cost effective? I got this motor out of my buddies 80 camaro it ran a 12.04 on its first track run {also blew the clutch}. dont know much about it but it has never been in my car before {I blew the head on the 327 I had in it} so I want somthing that will be the most reliabe as this is a daily driver project. I would like to make it more of a pro touring edge but it needs to run first lol....thanks:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am in the process of doing the same deal as you putting a 4 speed in an automatic car. Chevy 2 Only sells a kit for about $300 that has all the components including new pedals. The only thing you don't get is a bellhousing. You will need a "309" bellhousing for a 4 speed. The "383" bellhousing also works in Chevy IIs but the hole where the front bearing fits thru is smaller and works on the old 3 speeds. I'm not sure if enlarging it would cause a problem. The other alternative is a Lakewood bellhousing but they are a bit more $$$. Hope this helps. I myself am looking for a reasonable bellhousing for my car so I can install my motor and trans.

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts