Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i have a th350 in my '69 nova. basically, i lost a piece of the transmission and i'm having a hard time finding it in the year one catalog.

i have a B&M ratchet shifter. coming out of it is the shift cable. the end of the shift cable has a pin that is secured to a lever with a nut and a cotter pin iirc. that lever arm is what rotates the gear selector that comes out of the side of the trans. what's that lever/arm thing called? it bolts to the gear selector coming out of the trans and it's like a flat plate.

thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
OK, i have a th350 in my '69 nova. basically, i lost a piece of the transmission and i'm having a hard time finding it in the year one catalog.

i have a B&M ratchet shifter. coming out of it is the shift cable. the end of the shift cable has a pin that is secured to a lever with a nut and a cotter pin iirc. that lever arm is what rotates the gear selector that comes out of the side of the trans. what's that lever/arm thing called? it bolts to the gear selector coming out of the trans and it's like a flat plate.

thanks guys.
Bellcrank?

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
They're called shift levers, and it might be easier to get one from Summit or Jegs. Most automatic transmission parts vendors (TCI, etc.) would also carry them. If you did a search, I believe it would be the TH350/400 shift lever.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thank goodness for google image search

ok, that black triangle piece. dangit, it really is called the gear selector? i guess i need the factory piece. can i just get any one of them, or would a lever too long/short mess up the relationship between the quicksilver b&M shifter and the selector, since the cable needs to move a specific distance?

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

found it. my memory clicked when i saw this pic. i think i'll print this one out and email year one. thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh snap. thanks for the excellent answer. i'll give them a call tomorrow.

i used to live about 15 mins from them in northridge back in the day. i went there to take a pic after i saw aloha bobby and rose the movie, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

you guys are too much. thanks for the help. so, here's a virtual cigar. :D

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Cough Cough Cough, I need some Scotch to wash the taste out of my mouth.:devil:

AL

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you're ever in atlanta, i'll give you a couple nice ones to try out. :yes:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
if you're ever in atlanta, i'll give you a couple nice ones to try out. :yes:
I might be headed your way!

I am going to Greg Smith Equipment to pic up a lift. (I hope)

Waiting on concrete man for quote.

AL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts