Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 534 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 63 for several years but it has just been sitting. Well, we finally moved into the new house and now I have more room so this project looks to be finally getting underway. I purchased a TCI front clip with Shockwaves as well as the TCI 4-link rear clip with air bags. Time to strip the car down for sandblasting and then start the mock-up. I have a 283 SB with a 700R4 waiting as well. This will be my wife's car so that should be plenty for her. Still have a lot of decisions to make on what the final look will be as well as a ton of work but you have to start somewhere right?
I don't make it on here much but I will try to stop in occasionally with updates. Thanks to all those who have posted info in the past. Great source of information here.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
cool vert,
i'm also a newbie here but not to novas.sounds like a great package you're assembling.the best thing ever was the o/drive tranny.second best was disc brakes.i drive my car everywhere almost year round(ya i know i'm in canada!?!).i leave on thurs a.m. for a 2500 mile solo trip in my ragtop.wouldn't be possible/practical with the old 6 banger/powerglide combo.good luck on your rod.thx,cj.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reviving a really old thread. Life got in the way so the Nova project was shelved for a while. It is now back from the dead. The body is down to the shell and ready to go to media blasting to reveal all of it's ugly secrets. Lots of rot at the bottom of the firewall. Driver's door is probably shot as well as both front fenders. Rear quarters will need lower portions and wheel arches replaced so probably full quarters. The trunk lid even has some rust on the inside structure. Lots of miles on Iowa dirt/gravel roads.

The TCI front and rear clips have been powder coated and the 283 is back from the machine shop and ready for paint and assembly. Picked up a S10 rear end as well. Garage is full of parts. just need time now.

I added a bunch of pics to my home server (link is in signature) if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Glad to see that your car is back up and getting attention. I have a 1965 hardtop that has many of the same issues. If you make many little steps you will always see progress. Good luck on your build, I will have to check out the pics

Charlie

·
Registered
101 Posts
cool vert,
i'm also a newbie here but not to novas.sounds like a great package you're assembling.the best thing ever was the o/drive tranny.second best was disc brakes.i drive my car everywhere almost year round(ya i know i'm in canada!?!).i leave on thurs a.m. for a 2500 mile solo trip in my ragtop.wouldn't be possible/practical with the old 6 banger/powerglide combo.good luck on your rod.thx,cj.
I so agree. why does every one have to butcher a nice stock nova

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Replacement panels

63vert,

There is a company that makes a replacement firewall panel, but I do not know if there is one that makes a replacement to the side panels for the firewall. I was able to get a clean chunk of a '63 nova from Craig (63novassrt) and may not need some of the panels that you need, but it will take me a little while before I know. I have not yet blasted like you have. If you have a little time and are interested, please let me know. You can see the "chunk-o-nova" in my build thread "1965 hardtop coming back to life".

You have a heck of a project, and great pics so we can see where you are with it.

Charlie

1 - 20 of 534 Posts